WR250 R/X Photo Gallery.........

Zadok

You've got a one of a kind Dave. Nice job so far. I like the new headlight. And I'm really digging those huggers. :D

Ya, the radiator is the "sore thumb" in the whole thing, but I don't see how you could turn it on it's side and still have it function properly. Maybe a rad from a different bike?

A few minor details I noticed that could use some black paint: Your fabbed rear radiator support, the DRC license plate bracket, the white front brake line guides, and the rear caliper cover to name a few.

Glad to see you're using the tail piece, although the "side burns" could use a trim. Just not sure where to trim it to make it look better. I'm sure you've had the same thoughts.

I take it you don't off road too much. I would be worried about that regulator/rectifier plug hanging down like that. Might get snapped off on something. Even on the street you could pick up something by accident and kick it up there. Maybe fab a little skid plate looking piece to protect just the plug without covering the cooling fins?

Did you ever do anything with your coolant tank? Replace it with something that looks better maybe?

Keep up the mods. I enjoy seeing your progress.:worthy:

Here is my bike w/ Red Flames from Wheeling...

IMG_0839.jpg

That has got to be my favorite X so far. Sweetness :D

Like that you painted the heat shields. But I'm really interested to know which headlight setup that is, where you got it and the cost....Looks incredible.

That has got to be my favorite X so far. Sweetness :D

Like that you painted the heat shields. But I'm really interested to know which headlight setup that is, where you got it and the cost....Looks incredible.

Thanks for the comment. Its the Acerbis Cyclops headlight.

This is where I got it.

http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/3695/PU/2001-0159

Its about $100, free shipping if you spend $125. They are a pretty good company to deal with and this was the best price I could find on this headlight.

THanks for the info. So is there any advantage to using that headlight besides looking super cool? How does it work, does it have a high beam, did it mount and wire up easily? The stock headlight is a 55/60 W, this one says: # Spot light fitted with 55 watt halogen bulb

# Flood light fitted with 55 watt halogen bulb and 5 watt incandescent bulb

So this has two 55 watt bulbs? or just one with the 5?

Ok there are 3 bulbs technically. There are 2 bulbs 55w and one 5w bulb that is a parking light type bulb. So basically you have 1 bulb on with the parking light bulb, once you turn on the high beam that 1 bulb goes off and the high beam goes on.

I personally found the low beam almost useless. So if you are driving at night normally you don't use high beam, but cuz lowbeam is useless I have rigged it to have both lights on full time. I however aimed it lower to not blind on coming traffic.

Its very simple to wire up, it doesn't come with direct hook-up but you can rig a male/female clip and just use the male part and stick it into the stock wiring harness. This is if you want to go back to stock later on.

I think the lowbeam is lame. Many people who use this headlight end up switching out to HID's which I might do later. However as of now rigging up both lights to be on works for me. People said after using HID's they could use the regular setup with high/low beams and it worked well. For some reason the lowbeam housing just sucks and does not disburse the light pattern well. Basically the low beam is a flood and high beam is a spot. Thats why the high beam works better.

So now I can't flash people with high beams, but I can flash them with on-off lights.

Mounting is easy, but I also had to rig a cross-bar to make it more rigid. I'll take a pic of that later.

Hope that helps.

Tomorrow is my one-month anniversary with the WRR.

Only mods so far are:

-Flatland Racing skidplate

-Zeta armor handguards

-Bullet Proof designs Rad guard

-Yamalink

-4 long pieces of velcro wrapped around handlebars... when I'm trail riding I remove my mirrors and velcro them to the crossbar for storage.

-and the best mod of all... 1200 miles in the first month.

WRR_AppTrail.jpg

• Like 1

Loving those 'in the woods' pics Scottman...few more of my White one,as whites seem a little thin on the ground round here. Got a bashplate from Enduro shack, sorted out my no plate & got some acerbis handguards which match perfectly.

These standard tyres are pretty poor on Yorkshire mud & wet rocks, they will need changing, spent a lot of time sideways on saturday!!

IMAG0031.jpg

awesome mate, what have u done for the bags to stop hitting the the tire?

Those bags shown on levity's bike are Dirt-Bagz. They have a metal bracket that goes from the passenger pets to the rear sub frame to keep the bags secure and prevent contact w/ rear wheel.

If you do a search for Levity's threads you'll see a thread he started w/ a good set of photos.