Sign in to follow this  

Please - more information please!!!! I want to buy a new Husky

Ok first of all let me say that I love Huskys - not quite as passionately as some of you here but I do love them. I have owned 2 74 250 mags, a 78 CR390, an 82 CR430, an 82 420 Auto, an 84 CR 500, an 05 TC450 and an 07 WR250. I am very interested in the latest generation FI 310 or 450. I am excited about the purchase by BMW.

What I am not excited about:

- After getting so excited to see the Gunsight H Logo on GNCC TV coverage and actually getting podiums - I now learn that the sponsorship is evaporating.

- PLEASE get the HusqvarnaUSA website up and running - it currently diverts you to the Husqvarna Italy website which DOES NOT EVEN SHOW the 09 model information! I have to search the web for info and find it on the Australian website.

- Just keep us informed. Even if it is that decisions have yet to be made (i.e., bringing the WR125 to the US Canada, etc, will the 310 be avail in TXC etc). But communicate.

- Strengthen the dealer network. Please leverage the BMW name and clout to improve the dealer network. I know - there are several good dealers that stock most everything you need and is available - but that is not really acceptable. What about reliable, accessible and knowledgeable servicing? I live in one of the top 10 major metropolitan areas in the country and for many years my only option was to drive several hours to a dealer that was good at service - but had many problems getting parts.

I will likely buy a Husky. I may have to break down and go orange. Simple things make a difference. 13 of my buddies and I spent 8 days riding the mountains of Colorado. My rear rotor sheared off - along with the guard. I spent hours and hours on the phone - no one - even those good dealers that stock everything - could get the part to me. I eventually contacted an aftermarket manufactirer - found outr which one would work and had Parts Unlimited ship it. If it was Orange - it was a simple overnight procedure (if I did not want to drive an hour to the dealer). If BMW hopes to grow the brand they HAVE to improve the dealer network AND parts availability.

And keep making Great Bikes - I love the way my WR250 handles. The design and styling also still gets me jazzed evertime I look at it.

What are your thoughts?

all valid thoughts...BMW is addressing your points as well as MANY others...a major transition like this is hardly seamless...get on board while you can because Husqvarna is going big time.

For what it's worth; 06 TE 450 owner for the past year. No problems finding parts from Uptite and Hall's. A few issues here and there, but have been able to address and fix them all without taking the bike to a shop. My closest dealer is in Memphis, TN, about 3 hours away.

I bought the TE because it was the best deal I could find on a late model ride when I had the cash. If one has issues or worries about a model because of parts availabilty or dealer support, it may be best to look at a brand that eases those concerns. All the major brands are fun to ride and have issues. Buy what makes you feel comfortable and at the best price you can find. Don't make a decision based on color or what everyone else is doing.

A few of those I will tackle. Sponsorhip for GNCC will still be there without Scott Summers. Talks on offroadchampions dot com has rumors of Whibley or Jarret. Kearney will be back and better than ever. Totally aggree about the web site, not that hard if you ask me and just do it already. I am afraid that they are going to piggyback off of the Italian site is my opinion but have it updated for U.S. Please people make it informative. No TXC 310 Yes TE 310. No WR 144 Yes WR 125 for '09. New dealers will come in due time but I think they will first secure all parts issues of the past, get all existing dealers running as good as possible, sink some money into advertising and then with growth of the brand we will see more intrest of dealers wanting to become a Husky dealer. Similar to how KTM has done it. All very good points you make and sorry to hear about your rotor situation. My guess is in about 2-3 years you will be able to break your rotor off and get a new one as easy as a KTM. I am like you and go out in the garage just to hang out with the WR 250..Great bike.

better time are ahead. just one question, did you call hall's or george at uptite, Gp cycles for parts??. there are 3 different style rear discs with the same part number, solid, slotted, and with holes. i bought used so i could have a spare rear wheel ready to go. :D:worthy::ride: :ride: