Where to find Megamax II

If you hang around here long enough, someone will sell theirs. Also check the YZ side of this site. And while your waiting you might as well register.

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

John,

If you're looking to put one of these on your bike you might want to reconsider. I had one on my bike ('99 wr400)and did not like it. It was o.k. on performance when it was uncorked, but when set up with the spark arrester plates it was a dog. But that was not the worst of it. It fell apart! I sent it back to FMF for repairs one time (after about 3 months of use), and toward the end of last year I had to throw it in the trash. All the pop rivets on the baffle section just fell off! I was riding in AZ at the time so rust was not a factor - just poor workmanship in my opinion. FMF no longer makes that pipe and I can only guess why.

I've had the MM for 4-5 months and I like it. The low/mid power has been enhanced IMHO from stock uncorked (10 discs) and it sounds better. I'll have to see how it holds up in the long run. It is possible to get a bad one out of the bunch. That is correct, they do not make them any longer however; they are still out there. My belief is that this is one of best in terms of power to noise. I ride the woods so I still can't use all the power of my WR much of the time. I guess it depends upon the riding you are planning on doing.

Watch for cracks in the can area, especially behind the mount. 2 guys I know had cracks in the silencer before a year was out. The good news is that FMF repaired both of them free of charge, and they haven't cracked again. Maybe a bad run.The performance is not quite what my WB E series is, but they are quieter.

------------------

00 WZ400

01 Yamaha Raptor

99 Kawasaki ZRX1100

99 Yamaha Warrior

• 4 weeks later...