Oven cleaner, rocks, soap & water and brake cleaner!

I decided to recharge the rear shock nitrogen precharge. I had to pull the subframe, airbox and the exhaust pipe to have enough clearance for the valve connection. The inside of the exhaust pipe wasn't to bad but I figured I might as well clean it before I repainted it. I remembered reading a post of how to clean the pipe internally and thought I'd give it a try. Oven cleaner for a couple of hours, scrape the hard deposits where I could and finally the ultimate cleansing action, 1/2" granite landscaping rocks( from my front yard) and a heavy amount of detergent. I had to shake for about a 1/2 hour total but the results were impressive!

Oh yeah! My rear shock after 1 1/2 years was at 90 psi. Factory says 140psi. I charged mine to 150psi. It raised the rear about 3/4 ". Ready to hit the whoops again!

Hey there pegger,

I hadn't thought about this maintenance.

I will have to look at my 'saki now.

I have access to Hi PSI N so, what the heck.

By the way, if you have DP Cells with plugged lines, Say AWT R4 flowmeters, we use Hi PSI N to clear the lines.

Works fantastically and no shrapnel yet.

later

While we're on the subject, I would like to stiffen up my front end a little. Do you have any recommendations? I've heard of changing oil and possibly springs. I have adjustments on the front, but given I'm a big fatty, I prolly need more spring.

Later

Hey there pegger,

I hadn't thought about this maintenance.

I will have to look at my 'saki now.

I have access to Hi PSI N so, what the heck.

By the way, if you have DP Cells with plugged lines, Say AWT R4 flowmeters, we use Hi PSI N to clear the lines.

Works fantastically and no shrapnel yet.

later

You're going to die!

Just kidding! D-4 tapped into the backwash and dumps it into the Floc basin. A full pipe can no longer be maintained so nothing is going to read flow right anyway! I'm surprised you still remebered the tag number!:D

While we're on the subject, I would like to stiffen up my front end a little. Do you have any recommendations? I've heard of changing oil and possibly springs. I have adjustments on the front, but given I'm a big fatty, I prolly need more spring.

Later

If your adjustments both compression and rebound aren't helping I'd try a thicker oil before you spend money on springs or a revalve.

For the rear shock check the nitrogen precharge and your rear sag, (the shock not your a$$) it might need some oil too especially if its wet around the exposed piston shaft (leak or weepage). A stiffer rear spring may be needed and they're not too pricey and really easy to change out.

Isn't it about snowmobile time? :D