Lets see some trick ttr125's

My older one.  Not sure how many years ago this was. Typical stuff done.  That hill background is Riche Canyon, where a lot of the old Crusty films were shot.

DSCF0164.JPG

DSCF0167.JPG

Edited by socalxr
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That's my website.  It used to be a club when Jimmy Lewis ran it, but now it's mainly for information on mini-fourstrokes.  (XR's and TTR's) I did hold a series at Glen Helen many years ago, but that was kinda stressful. People complain about everything.  It was just supposed to be for fun.  Although, we did have some kid name Blake Baggett race it on his 110.  He ripped back then.  But all of it is just a hobby.  I'm a teacher.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Hello friends !

I'm french and i like all yours TTR !! 

i'm here because i want to buy for my little sister a 125 ttr (2000-2006).

My problem : i don't find parts to restaure the bike ...

where can i find full plastics for example ? 

thank's so much !

bye

4 hours ago, fab543 said:

Hello friends !

I'm french and i like all yours TTR !! 

i'm here because i want to buy for my little sister a 125 ttr (2000-2006).

My problem : i don't find parts to restaure the bike ...

where can i find full plastics for example ? 

thank's so much !

bye

Everything is on Ebay.

• Like 1

Ok, i saw but i think the price is very expensive and we can't take a full kit. 
Do you know a better solution less expensive ?

I know what you mean. It is much too expensive. I really haven't found anything else cheaper. Only other option would be only rraplacing the prices that REALLY need it. Hope this helps,

My older one.  Not sure how many years ago this was. Typical stuff done.  That hill background is Riche Canyon, where a lot of the old Crusty films were shot.

DSCF0164.JPG.6647a9174a21b1f0d48b0a729999e04c.JPG
DSCF0167.JPG.1a2c74c11800ad24e10159db246fe794.JPG

So I'm wondering, why do you like ttr125's? I just sold mine and moved up to a yz125, but I honestly loved that old bike. Do you have smaller riders? In jus' wondren[emoji6]

14 hours ago, DirtbikeBradley said:

I know..... I'm asking socalxr

Well, I'm assuming your 13-15 years old?? At that age you should have a YZ125 or 250f.  I'm 54, and we do it for a few reasons. First they are so much fun.  Not many people get that, unitil you get a group of old guys and race them.  We race all air cooled 16/19 mini-bikes and starting to do 2-stroke 100's and crf150RBs as well.  The other reason is modifying them.  We modify our bikes so much that the only thing left that is stock is the cases and a few other odds and end.  For the most part, our conversion bikes are more factory, than factory bikes.  Over the years we managed to get many top pros to race with us too, just the other week Grant Langston and Mike Healey lined up with us.  I would say it's an old guy thing, but my friend's kid who races supercross loves racing these bikes.  In fact, he says the TTR is the best handling bike he's ever rode.  And he can race any bike he wants to on the weekends since he kinda rides for a magazine.  My other friend (old guy) rides has been fiding for the magazine for years and gets to ride brand new bikes every weekend, but still has more fun riding minis.  

Well, I'm assuming your 13-15 years old?? At that age you should have a YZ125 or 250f.  I'm 54, and we do it for a few reasons. First they are so much fun.  Not many people get that, unitil you get a group of old guys and race them.  We race all air cooled 16/19 mini-bikes and starting to do 2-stroke 100's and crf150RBs as well.  The other reason is modifying them.  We modify our bikes so much that the only thing left that is stock is the cases and a few other odds and end.  For the most part, our conversion bikes are more factory, than factory bikes.  Over the years we managed to get many top pros to race with us too, just the other week Grant Langston and Mike Healey lined up with us.  I would say it's an old guy thing, but my friend's kid who races supercross loves racing these bikes.  In fact, he says the TTR is the best handling bike he's ever rode.  And he can race any bike he wants to on the weekends since he kinda rides for a magazine.  My other friend (old guy) rides has been fiding for the magazine for years and gets to ride brand new bikes every weekend, but still has more fun riding minis.  

Ok. Yes I'm 15[emoji6] I just sold my ttr for a yz125. I really loved it though.....
But I don't have the money to mod it, AT ALL[emoji23] I had a '15 totally stock.
I was told that if I wanted a fast bike, leave the ttr[emoji6]
How much do you have spent in a bike on average? Where do you get them? Anything special you look for? And do you hard-core raceify them (taking off my electric start[emoji54])?

On 12/16/2017 at 4:01 PM, DirtbikeBradley said:

Ok. Yes I'm 15emoji6.png I just sold my ttr for a yz125. I really loved it though.....
But I don't have the money to mod it, AT ALLemoji23.png I had a '15 totally stock.
I was told that if I wanted a fast bike, leave the ttremoji6.png
How much do you have spent in a bike on average? Where do you get them? Anything special you look for? And do you hard-core raceify them (taking off my electric startemoji54.png)?

I spend way too much money on my bikes.  I guess they are hardcore race, 150 kit, carb, pipe, BBR swingarm, CR85 front end, working on rear disc, Works rear shock, etc. 

• 7 months later...

I've spent hours and hours here on thumpertalk, learning and researching everything about ttr's. I've had so much fun reading, finding new tricks, and seeing what everyone else is doing... You guys are an endless stream of awesome info! Keep it up!

I figure it's time I make a post and share a little about my 2003 TTR 125L

KX 85 Forks (lowered 2") and Triple Clamps

KX 100 Front Wheel

TTR 125 LE shock 

BBR Pipe  

BBR Frame Cradle

BBR Shifter

YZ 125 pegs

CUSTOM handmade chain guide 

CUSTOM extended brake lever

3D Printed Mount for LE shock reservior (This is probably the piece that I am most proud of... access to printer and drawing program through my high school)

Motor all stock, just some holes in airbox and jetting done.

Other little bling and goodies

Fusion replica shroud graphics and backgrounds

IMG_3849.JPG.4dc55b11b32b65ec07e17e90db951abe.JPG

IMG_3851.thumb.JPG.659035876272ec4ea18e434c44415bd9.JPG

IMG_3852.thumb.JPG.02593957c5648d262be7c06d6d4f37a6.JPG

IMG_3850.thumb.JPG.17058ad71a8157d6a8229561979834fd.JPG