What Streetbike?

A couple years ago, I bought my first streetbike. Prior to that, I had only ridden dirt.

I bought a GS500F, and for a while, enjoyed that. But, now I am tired of not being able to keep up with the boys.

I have sat on a lot of bikes, but most of the more powerful sport bikes are very leaned over. I don't really like that riding position. And I also don't like that most of those bikes like to be really revved up. A lot of my riding is on the around town kind of roads.

I am looking at the Yammie FZR that will be out in Jan. Seems like a good choice.

Happy to listen to other suggestions. I definately want to stick with sport bike types, rather than cruisers.

Thanks in advance

A couple years ago, I bought my first streetbike. Prior to that, I had only ridden dirt.

I bought a GS500F, and for a while, enjoyed that. But, now I am tired of not being able to keep up with the boys.

I have sat on a lot of bikes, but most of the more powerful sport bikes are very leaned over. I don't really like that riding position. And I also don't like that most of those bikes like to be really revved up. A lot of my riding is on the around town kind of roads.

I am looking at the Yammie FZR that will be out in Jan. Seems like a good choice.

Happy to listen to other suggestions. I definately want to stick with sport bike types, rather than cruisers.

Thanks in advance

We have looked at the:

Suzuki Gladius

Kawasaki ER-6N

Sv650

my Fav ( Monster 696 )

A twin would be nice cuz they don't have to be revved as much as a traditional inline four sportbike. Just make sure you test one for a good while to see if the vibration is something you can deal with; not all of them do, but mostly the larger displacement.

SV650 S

Mine is an 04 and I don't know that I'll ever want another bike. It's not leaned over as far. It's a twin so it sounds good (especially with a race pipe) and revs nice. I like the even powerband. With my pipe and power commander I have a really great sweet spot at about 65 MPH. I ride around town and highway. I understand that a lot of people race them after easy mods . The price is comparatively good too. Check out a website SoCalSVRiders.com - All you need to know about SV's.

Just curious, what size bike are you looking for when you say 'more powerful'? There are actually tons of 600-1000 cc bikes that aren't in a full 'race' position... check out the naked bikes, such as the SV650, or SV650s... due to back problems, I prefer the more upright bikes with standard bars as well, and have had no problem 'keeping up with the boys' on my old 750 Ducati Monster or my current 955i Speed Triple! :worthy:

If you'd like something not so common (but yes, a bit more expensive for repair and takes longer for parts!), I'd recommend looking at the Ducati Monsters, or the Triuimph Speed Triple... the Street Triple if you don't want a liter bike!

Good luck, and happy hunting! :D

My wife had only ridden her ttr125 in the dirt a few years before taking the MSC and getting her license. We found her a REALLY nice preserved 85 700SC Honda Nighthawk S which she fell in love with, but after riding one of the 4 FZ1's we also have in the garage on a little backroad jaunt with some friends, she immediately put the 700 up for sale and took over the 02 Fz1. I lowered it about an inch for her and she LOVES it. She was afraid to even try the FZ1, thinking it would be too big/heavy/powerfull for her, but one ride was all it took :D She says likes not having to worry about what gear to always be in to get it to GO!

Once you go LITRE

YOUR HOOKED!

I've been riding 8 years in the dirt and 2 on the street. I'm about 5"2' and am tippy-toed on almost every bike I've had. I started out with a '93 GN125, went to an '90 EX500, then went to a '02 GSXR600 which was painfully uncomfortable commuting on with a full backpack of books to school and work everyday, then went to my most favority bike of all an '06 Ninja 650! I love this bike. Very light and maneuverable, upright position, and plenty of power. This thing feels like a supermoto to me, has kind of a dirtbike feel with how narrow the seat is and how nimble the bike is and the handlebars resemble a dirtbike. Super fun to ride. I ride this bike to school in the morning and straight to work, about 60-70 miles roundtrip each day. Can't beat 65 MPG, this bike is my gas saver for sure. If I ever had to buy another street bike, I'd definitely buy one of these.