Sign in to follow this  

New Ufo Panther Headlight *****pics*****

Ok so most of you know I needed to replace my plastics on my bike after it slid across the ground on a highside. The bike is not finished, but getting close. I don't want to completely reveal my bike yet. One thing I wanted to share with you guys was the headlight I just installed. It's a UFO Panther. The upper plate and lower headlight are interchangable. You can get any colors you want for the top and the bottom. I bought a green bottom and white top. The headlight is extremely light. Super easy to install, fits very well, and I am pleased with the light output. I bought this headlight because I could not find anyone with this headlight or information on TT. I give this headlight 2 thumbs up. It's small compact size makes it look nice, and the number plate looks like a actual number plate. Here are a few pics......

Pantherheadlight002.jpg

Pantherheadlight003.jpg

Pantherheadlight004.jpg

Pantherheadlight005.jpg

what bulb does it use? were you able to find all new plastics for your bike without breaking the bank?

There are actually two bulbs in there. One main bulb that is high and low beam, and a small running light that works along with the main bulb. Pretty cool. The main is a 35w I believe. Here is a link http://www.ufoplast.com/en/catalog/mx-enduro/headlights

The plastics? Well no they break the bank no matter what. I bought the supposed last set of green plastics in the world. Also bought one extra green rear fender, last one left from Acerbis.

I like it. Do you think the yellow is the newer color yellow for the DRZ? Or would it be the older mustard color?

I like it. Do you think the yellow is the newer color yellow for the DRZ? Or would it be the older mustard color?

They have a color for every manufacturer. The colors should match your bike. The green matches the Kawi green perfect. Yellow bottom with a white or yellow top would look awesome.

Looks really good! How are you doing? :worthy:

Feel almost back to 100%. Went for a short ride today around town, about 20 miles. Feels good to be back on that saddle after a month off. Back to riding to work and home tomorrow. Thanks for asking:thumbsup: , glad you lke the headlight.:D

Looks great, Jim!

I'm still thinking of going black on mine. I just gotta find a black headlight shroud. I want to use the factory headlight because I'm about to go HID on it. I can get an extra yellow gas tank from a friend, but I'll probably sport non factory graphics on it, so it wouldn't matter with the different color tank. We'll see.....:D

Looks great, Jim!

I'm still thinking of going black on mine. I just gotta find a black headlight shroud. I want to use the factory headlight because I'm about to go HID on it. I can get an extra yellow gas tank from a friend, but I'll probably sport non factory graphics on it, so it wouldn't matter with the different color tank. We'll see.....:D

Thanks:ride: Love the positive feedback. Have you been checking Flea Bay for that headlight shroud? I still have that aluminum Moose throttle tube waiting for you. I will hold onto it untill next time I see you. Keep us posted and maybe do a tech article with pics., on that HID installation. Wish I could make it to the SM meetings. :worthy:

Feels good to be back on that saddle after a month off. Back to riding to work and home tomorrow. Thanks for asking:thumbsup: , glad you lke the headlight.:D

[Thread hijack] I've been flat on my @$$ with a foot laceration for a month, so I know how it feels! [/Thread hijack]

I also have the that headlight and am pleased with it. Although, anything was going to be better than the other aftermarket light that was on there.

Very nice!

I'm looking for a replacement for my broken DRZ headlight. May I'll go for this one. The OEM is $150!!!

Very nice!

I'm looking for a replacement for my broken DRZ headlight. May I'll go for this one. The OEM is $150!!!

I purchased mine for $63.00 dollars. At least it's brighter than my last headlight, the Black Mamba.:D

I purchased mine for $63.00 dollars. At least it's brighter than my last headlight, the Black Mamba.:D

About the brightness, do you know how it can be compared to a stock 400S headlight?

About the brightness, do you know how it can be compared to a stock 400S headlight?

Better than a Mamba, but still not as good as the stocker.

looks like you could just keep all of your stock wiring and put your stock bulb holder in the back of this, just changing out the housing. When you put your on, how did you wire it up?