Sign in to follow this  

To sell or part out.......

So back to stock and sell cheap. hmmm

If i could get over £1000 gbp for my mods then i could let the bike go for silly low money and not be too fussed.

Hmmmm man so many choices and not a clue what to do :D

how much exactly are you looking to get for it? i'm in yorkshire, looking for one at the mo... you never know!!

how much exactly are you looking to get for it? i'm in yorkshire, looking for one at the mo... you never know!!

PM sent.

headster...

I have been debating the same thing recently. I LOVE the DRZ but listening to all the older guys locally and all the bikes they have had over their lifetime has lead me to believe I should try something new as well. I have moved and lived in an area that is prime for offroading only. So having the pig can be tiresome in the sand.

Here's the route I went. Bought a brand new 07 Honda 450x this weekend. With the markets bad the dealer unloaded it really cheap.

Was going to sell the DRZ and about to part it out and sell the bike stock. But... my dad stepped in and showed an interest in buying the bike. Told him would give him a great deal if he did. So... Basically selling it off to the Daddy-o for a family discount and will have both bikes close at hand. The agreement is he will buy it if I provide maintenance work. Seems like a great deal to me as will always give me the opportunity to ride it when the time comes.

If it was my call on your bike.. Sell the parts and get what you can. Then sell the stock bike off.

sorry to hear you have to sell it, but if your putting it back to stock id definately be interested in your fcr, just let me know how much.:D

If you break it.......... I'll have your yosh

PM me if you do break it.

sorry to hear you have to sell it, but if your putting it back to stock id definately be interested in your fcr, just let me know how much.:D

Should i come to it, you'll both be the first to know :worthy:

I'd say keep it as an asset, that way you've got something to fall back on if you absolutely need the money for other things. Otherwise, definitely break down and sell off in pieces. I've watched Ebay closely over the past few months as I've thought of doing this myself - one or two guys are routinely buying and parting out DRZ's on Ebay, obviously not doing it if they're losing money on the deal. Per se, they're selling a parted out bike per month at $1k profit....not a bad deal for a side job, eh? Without doubt, you'll make most of your invested $$ back by parting out. Selling as-is, well....that'd be a tough pill to swallow, IMO :D

Should i come to it, you'll both be the first to know :worthy:
A couple of guys racing up here in the DRZ cup are looking for a spare wheels set for wets/slicks so might take your wheels :D

A couple of guys racing up here in the DRZ cup are looking for a spare wheels set for wets/slicks so might take your wheels :D

What kinda money do wheel sets go for ??

I guessed around the £350 - £450 mark.

What kinda money do wheel sets go for ??

I guessed around the £350 - £450 mark.

almost spot on... that's the range on eBay just now although maybe more like 350-400. I got a brand new unused second set of suzuki SM wheels and tyres on eBay a couple of weeks ago for only £415 incl p&p and I've just sold the new tyres off them for £100 :D:worthy:

almost spot on... that's the range on eBay just now although maybe more like 350-400. I got a brand new unused second set of suzuki SM wheels and tyres on eBay a couple of weeks ago for only £415 incl p&p and I've just sold the new tyres off them for £100 :D:worthy:

okay kool.

I've complied a list of how much item would sell for, and as long as i'm right in my sums i could make alot more than what i would currently sell it for.

Oh well, still waiting on a reply to a PM before i make any decisions.

damn dude sorry to here hompefully when i hit university in a year and a half or so i wont have the same problems

i dont mean to be rude but can someone send me a link to his stiff on ebay i cant find it

I also searched uk ebay and couldn't find it.

Hmmmm man so many choices and not a clue what to do :ride:

Grant, Don't do it !!!!!!!!!

If you end up feeling as I do, it is not worth it, and you will never have another one like it.

And being bike less sucks, big time.

Put it in storage somewhere for a month or two and see how you feel.

If it HAS to go, do it next spring, now is not the time.

My mates shop has a 150 mile old DRZ SM in black sitting outside, £2950.

It has been there since March, at that time it was a month old.

Neil. :D:worthy::ride:

Listen to Neil headster, there wil come a time when....

At the least, put it in mothballs somewhere.

You will not regret it.