Sign in to follow this  

Can a old thumper guy gets some help here?

To me a Rekluse is useless when you have an hydraulic clutch + a magic button.

I used to think the same way. I wish that they were cheaper, but they are a great tool. My clutch pull is now effortless (literally). I don't have an e-start, but I never stall so I don't need one. Throw the e-start in the garbage and make up the weight savings on Turkey Day. :D (I'm just joking!) The Rekluse has improved my riding. It doesn't help too much until I start to tire, then it's worth every penny! :worthy:

Based on your weight / riding style / previous bike and the specs of the 250/300, I would recommend the 300. Cannot go wrong with either.

There will be a bit of a learning curve as far as going from your 450 to a two stroke. I would say the 300 would suit you because it's low end ability would be similar to your 4T. For a 2T it lugs. I know you'll dig it.

There will be a bit of a learning curve as far as going from your 450 to a two stroke. I would say the 300 would suit you because it's low end ability would be similar to your 4T. For a 2T it lugs. I know you'll dig it.

I rode two stroke for twenty years, so it should come back fast! I got the 300 last week, waiting for the sparky to show up and then its off to the hills. Wil give a report later.

Are they not the same bike, just a diffrent barrel/piston? They weight the same.

Yep, pretty much weigh the same!