New Husky for me.

Im a new member to the Husqvarna motard family. I just commited to buy a 2007 SMR 510. Its got a steering damper, aftermarket handlebars, OEM skidplates like the MX bikes have, and has been de-restriced with all the emmisions junk removed. I dont remember what he said he did with the jetting. 385 miles, very clean! I paid $5750, which may be on the high-side, but with the steering damper and low low miles I figued it was worth it. He still has all the stock parts to go with it, along with a bunch of new oil filters...

Any tips/warnings/suggestions from other owners?

upstate-ish

I live about 35 miles west of Albany in a town called Cobleskill. I commute to Albany everyday for work.

What about you?

I havent even taken delivery yet and im already having buyers-remorse... who the heck spends almost 6 grand on a dirtbike to drive on the streets...:D

haha

upstate-ish

I live about 35 miles west of Albany in a town called Cobleskill. I commute to Albany everyday for work.

What about you?

I havent even taken delivery yet and im already having buyers-remorse... who the heck spends almost 6 grand on a dirtbike to drive on the streets...:D

haha

Don't sweat the remorse, that will all fade away once you put a few miles on it. Husky SMs are probably the most fun you have with you're clothes on.

Of course you could ride it naked also but for safetys sake I wouldn't recomend it.:worthy:

Good God - you pick up a beauty of a bike at a great price and you are remorseful? I'd be dancing in the streets - after my better half kicked me out that is (garage is already starting to get crowded, but an SMR will ALWAYS fit).

10 years from now that $5750 won't mean a bloody thing - but the fun you had riding that bike will - hell, I lost more than 4 times that in the last 3 weeks in my 401K and IRA - I'd rather have the bike, thank you...

(I am tempted to cash what's left out and just go buy all the bikes I want, gotta be a better long term investment than anything Wall Street has right now)

Good purchase, great price, go ride the hell out of it. You can get more money.:D

im going pick up the bike on my lunch break tomorrow. I wish I could take the whole day off to go riding with some friends, but I already took monday off this week and the boss wouldn't be impressed im sure...

Hopefully I can sleep tonight. Tomorrow will be the longest day at work EVER!

upstate-ish

What about you?

haha

Trumansburg a little town north of Ithaca. I'm quite familiar with Cobleskill... Wife and I both went to College there(Daughter is there now) and lived there after that for awhile. This years North East Husky Gathering was just down the road in Duanesburg at TT member Joe Chod's place.

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6560#post6560

Norman