Sign in to follow this  

Operating Temperatures

I just recently installed my Trail Tech Vapor and I was wondering what I should set my warning and danger temperatures at? From running the bike this past weekend the temp was ranging from about 150 degrees F to 185 degrees F.

Also is the temperature range that my bike is currently running at within an acceptable range?

I have the vapor also... I can't remember what mine is set at. But I would set the low warning at like 190, and the high at like 215. and yeah that's normal

i would find out when you start spilling coolant and then put that as your high.....then go in between normal and that for the low setting.............................................i was gonna get a trailtech but i forgot about it......i just dont see the point on a R....its cool that theres a fan that cools down the x's, then the trailtech could tel u if thats working

I have the vapor also... I can't remember what mine is set at. But I would set the low warning at like 190, and the high at like 215. and yeah that's normal

Thanks for the numbers I will put those in today.

i would find out when you start spilling coolant and then put that as your high.....then go in between normal and that for the low setting.............................................i was gonna get a trailtech but i forgot about it......i just dont see the point on a R....its cool that theres a fan that cools down the x's, then the trailtech could tel u if thats working

The trail tech is great. I record my mileage for maintenance purposes so it is great. It also is good for setting your fuel screw and idle since you can see your RPMs. Another thing I like is that it keeps your top speed, highest RPMs and highest coolant temp. I actually got my bike up to 60 mph under the high tension wires. I noticed when doing water crossing the temperature of the engine can drop up to 30 degrees F. It's a great investment. I am glad I got it.