Sign in to follow this  

Do I need higher handle bars?

I'm 6ft 1in and find myself all bentover when I stand on my pegs. My 06 KLX250s is stock. What are my options short of getting another bike?

Cheers

Pullin'

The KLX is a small bike, so you'll feel big on it no matter what.

You could try taller bars and tilt them forward. The options are limited, so you'll have to get used to it or find a taller machine (easy to do).

There are bar risers. They are also available for 1 1/8 bars if you want them. I don't like the looks of them.

@ 6'5" I put 50mm risers and went with Renthal High RC bend fat bars very nice to stand up on now

DSC05037.JPG

I went with bar risers and pro tapers and got the highest bend (other than the pastrana FMX bend) and it still wasn't high enough for me at 6'1". At least not for serious stand up lots of the time riding. After putting on a custom BRP upper triple and GPR stabilizer, I FINALLY felt comfortable standing. Whatever you have to do, do it. Ergo's are everything. You won't know it until you get it RIGHT! Good luck.

All good recommendations. My 1.125" risers helped a lot. If all else fails you can shorten your legs or lengthen your arms.

Thanks for the tips guys.....I went with a combination of your suggestions.

1) I bought/installed a set of Tusk risers and used all spacers. That lifted the bars about 1.5 inches.

2) I turned the handlebars out....that got me about an inch more.

Thanks

Pullin'

@ 6'5" I put 50mm risers and went with Renthal High RC bend fat bars very nice to stand up on now

DSC05037.JPG

DSC04579s.JPG

where did you purchase those bar risers? and did you need to modify stock cables or was there enough slack? iam only 5'11" but need a couple more inches of bar height.