how much for '08 with 10hrs

I didn't realize they did offroad bikes. Anyways, it says $5,460. Does that seem right? I was expecting more.

Seeing how he probably paid $6500 and only put 10 hours on it is should be worth at least $6000.

KBB for dirtbikes is a joke. The market dictates value. Unfortunately for your buddy the market sucks right now so you could probably get it for a fair price without screwing your buddy too badly on the deal.

Yea, I can't really see KBB giving accurate values for something like a motocross bike. He said he wants $5,800 which I suppose is fair. That also includes a 2000-something TTR225 he said he would throw in lol. The only problem is that he's Brazillian and his english isn't so great. Sorta hard to negotiate. So anybody else have any suggestions on the value?

A racer in our area just bought one in a simillar condition for $4000! The guy got hurt on it and just wanted to get rid of it. Seriously though, it's worth what someone will pay. It doesn't matter how many hours are on it, it has suffered a year of depreciation which is $1500-2000 below a good deal on new cost. You may be able to find a new 08 for $6000 since some dealers are selling 09's for less than $7000 and the 09's are new technology!

Mike

A racer in our area just bought one in a simillar condition for $4000! The guy got hurt on it and just wanted to get rid of it. Seriously though, it's worth what someone will pay. It doesn't matter how many hours are on it, it has suffered a year of depreciation which is $1500-2000 below a good deal on new cost. You may be able to find a new 08 for $6000 since some dealers are selling 09's for less than $7000 and the 09's are new technology!

Mike

This guy is sorta in the same situation. He is a subcontractor for our company, and got hurt on it about 2 months ago. He is just now able to get out and gimp around. He told me, in broken Portuspanglish (far worse than spanglish) that he wanted to sell the bike to front some money to get his installation business back on the ground. With that said, I definately don't want to rip the guy off, but on the other hand its a good oppurtunity for me to get a good deal. I suppose I will call around to some dealers and see what new 08's are going for and work from there. Ofcourse the TTR (which would be great for my wife to learn on) is probably worth 1.5-2K or so, so looking at it that way, the KX would be a great deal if I could get him down to 5K!

Mike

x1:thumbsup:

Used 450 in today's economic turmoil = 5 dollars

Just kidding. I would tell him to keep the TTR and offer him 42 and if he don't take it 45 max. Walk away if not and be patient because he will call.

My dealer said his business is for shit right now.

Location and availabiity will determine what you can get. With the economy and the the fact the the 4 stroke has such ongevity and is currently reached market saturation....this is iffy.

I too have an 08 for sale in great shape with lots of extras and I am thinking if I can get 5k I am happy. 4,800 is good and I'll have to realy consider 4,500

But! I also do not sweat a few hundred bucks if I do not have to sit on the bike for very long.

I have an 08 KX450F with 15 hrs., N-Style (Villopoto) graphics. Immaculate!!!! I'm a +30 rider and just got back into the sport, now have an itch to get the 09. Asking $5,000 for mine. The dealer (friend) here in AR, is the one that suggested the price & said it was really reasonable. With that being said..... I think the deal you are looking at is good. Good luck, you won't be disappointed..... the 08 is a beast!

If you know anyone interested, please pass on the news. I can send pics, or anything else via email.

501-607-2021 Scott

Definitely AWESOME deals!!! The dealer offered me $4000 for trade, but suggested to sell upright and recommended the price of $5000. I will give it a couple of weeks & can always trade it in, which still appears to be fair for ya'll are giving. We shall see!

Dude brought it in to work with him yesterday, and even let me bring it home to try out. First let me say, OMG I cannot believe the power. It is the first and only full size MX bike I have ever riden. Unbelievable. Now my DRZ will feel like a scooter next time I get on it:banghead:

With that said, I can't see how this thing is only 6-7 months old with 10hrs. Both clutch and throttle seem very sticky, there is rust on the rear wheel/chain adjuster, the clutch cable adjuster wasn't even screwed into the perch when I got it, the clutch lever has almost 3/4" up and down play inside the perch, the paint is signifcantly wore on both case covers, and a few more little things like that.

Besides those factors, I honestly don't think I would have a good time learning to ride this thing. Sure it could be done, but I think it would take alot of the fun out of just going and riding. The WR, KLX, CRFX 450's are much less explosive, right?

The first thing I do when I buy a new bike is install an hour meter http://www.hardlineproducts.com/hourmeter.cfm

otherwise there is no sure way to tell how many hours are on the motor. most people guess a number and are way off.

as far as the wear... my 08 kx450 just hit 32 hours and I dont have the number of problems you found on the 10 hour bike. the clutch cover paint wears somewhat quick but the ignition side has been pretty durable.

I would say the bike has MUCH more time on it than he is stating.

as far as selling/buying price... I paid $6200 out the door at the start of the season. with the 09 out they are already considered a leftover and if you can find one it would probably sell for $5800 BRAND NEW. it would be unwise to spend $5000 on a USED one. no matter how low the claimed hours, you dont know what kind of moron owned the bike and what a hacker backyard mechanic might have screwed up on it.

take a look at the tire wear, chain adjustment left and any other indicator of wear. i.e. grips, side covers, sprocket teeth etc...

rust and other crappy sh!t is from lack or maintenance and/or just poor upkeep. not everyone keeps their bikes pristine, and it shows almost immediately.

if you do get it clean the oil screen!!!

take a look at the tire wear, chain adjustment left and any other indicator of wear. i.e. grips, side covers, sprocket teeth etc...

rust and other crappy sh!t is from lack or maintenance and/or just poor upkeep. not everyone keeps their bikes pristine, and it shows almost immediately.

if you do get it clean the oil screen!!!

Exactly what rabbit said:p

Also, keep an eye on the chain rollers and slider on the swingarm