Sign in to follow this  

Johnson Valley

Shortly The partnership for Johnson Valley will be releasing a template letter

regarding comments to submit to Barstow BLM to encourage the Marines

to seek an easterly direction of the base.

The comments will be directed to Roxie Trost Barstow BLM. Public meeting will

be at the following locations

This comment period is for the BLM withdrawl only

Written comments are very effective if you cannot attend these scoping meetings

October 23rd

4:00-9:00pm

Twentynine Palms Junior High School

5798 Utah Trail

Twentynine Palms, CA 92277

October 24th

1:00-4:00pm and 6:00-9:00pm

Hilton Garden Inn Victorville

12603 Mariposa Road, Victorville, California, USA 92395

Also, If have not done so yet, Please visit

http://www.pfjv.org/

And PLEASE PLEASE print out that Mitzelfield letter and show

it to your County Sups, Assembly, Congress, Senetor Reps

Also city leaders if you live in San Bernadino county

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne,

Let me ask so I'm sure I completely understand and not ignorant.

The Friends of Johnson Valley is asking the BLM to ask the Marines to go E instead of W?

Wayne,

Let me ask so I'm sure I completely understand and not ignorant.

The Friends of Johnson Valley is asking the BLM to ask the Marines to go E instead of W?

Its your call, You can demand,...or request

I say demand if thats how you feel.

Its your comment letter, its your public lands.

Wayne

Its your call, You can demand,...or request

I say demand if thats how you feel.

Its your comment letter, its your public lands.

Wayne

No, I'm not talking about my private letter, I'm asking about the official status of what the FOJV is undertaking.

No, I'm not talking about my private letter, I'm asking about the status of what the FOJV is undertaking.

First off, There is a confusion already

There is a "Friends of Johnson Valley" http://www.fojv.org/

There is also a "Partnership for Johnson Valley" http://www.pfjv.org/

The partnership, one of many groups im involved in, has requested

the Marine Base to consider the expansion Eastward. They have

complied by expanding the study area to not only encompass JV,

but also look at the alternative to go in an easterly direction.

It is a major win for us, It was not a victory by making demands.

It was a victory made by some sharp experienced land use people

who know how to do thier job.

The Marines filed a "Withdrawal" of lands to the BLM to study the possible

expansion of the base in JV along with PFJVs recommendation to go east.

This in essence puts a freeze on new mining permits or any change of

development in the withdrawal area while the Marines study the feasibility

of these lands for their training.

Multi use recreation will be allowed to continue in JV while all this is taking place

Now the BLM has to decide whether or not to allow the Marines to continue.

Its not likely the BLM will deny some expansion of the base to an extent, due

to our troops need to be properly trained, None of us want compromise our national security.

Our stance is advise (In public stance...you could demand) the base move east

and make BLM reject the application on the JV side.

That is the first step on this whole process that will take many years.

More info go http://www.pfjv.org/ all the maps and info is posted there

Wayne

All I'm hearing is rhetoric. I'll reframe my question and ask again:

The Partnership of Johnson Valley is asking the BLM to ask the Marines to go E instead of W?

All I'm hearing is rhetoric. I'll reframe my question and ask again:

The Partnership of Johnson Valley is asking the BLM to ask the Marines to go E instead of W?

Simple terms

Partnership is asking BLM to deny the JV side of the withdrawl application

Just as the partnership is asking for public participation to comment.

The Partnership is only very small voice.

It will take all out public outcry to complete the mission, we cannot

go it alone.

If this still does not satisfy you Bill, Maybe somebody else here will wake up

and help us take on this dragon.

You have stated many times here, The ORGs are failing you, in some

capacity I strongly agree, that is why we are attacking this one in a

whole diffrent light, a whole diffrent perspective, a whole new ORG

that is not only OHV.

Call it what you like, rhetoric, Im not going to sit here all day for your

entertainment. I invite you to come to any meeting we have and display

your concern

The next scoping meetings are 23 & 24th of this month.

If this still does not satisfy you Bill, Maybe somebody else here will wake up

and help us take on this dragon.

I am quite simply trying to understand what tact you are taking. Nothing more, nothing less. The previous post(s) seemed to be just regurgitated stuff from the past. I was trying to see exactly what is going on.

Letters are fine, but I suspect the only thing they will listen to is a class action lawsuit with experienced ruthless attorneys who live for this stuff.

In the end, the military is going to do whatever suits them best. This is truly a battle against the Giants.

There is one thing that is very important. The letters must be physically printed on paper and mailed in. Be sure to include your name and address as well. It seems that with the Forest Service Travel Management process emailed letters were really given a lower status and form letters were pretty much discounted.

I think that letters need to go to all the parties involved. It is important that there are a lot of well thought out letters, but a few really pissed off ones will may also help to get the point across that there are passionate people out there who are very against the expansion into JV.

I am quite simply trying to understand what tact you are taking. Nothing more, nothing less. The previous post(s) seemed to be just regurgitated stuff from the past. I was trying to see exactly what is going on.

Letters are fine, but I suspect the only thing they will listen to is a class action lawsuit with experienced ruthless attorneys who live for this stuff.

In the end, the military is going to do whatever suits them best. This is truly a battle against the Giants.

Sorry for the late reply to this...While at the offroad-expo a couple weeks ago I talked to a guy in a booth (don't remember what he was promoting but basically it was Johnson Valley). He told me that everything has come to a halt of sorts because the military was not told the land in question was for OHV (BLM run) but were told it was OPEN...he said their understanding of an open area means no one will be affected therefore once they found out about the land useage they've begun to think...ALSO, there's a possibility of the area being closed off for periods of time (prescheduled) where the public could still use the land until the military needs it for their training.

Just something I heard, don't know how accurate...

Sorry for the late reply to this...While at the offroad-expo a couple weeks ago I talked to a guy in a booth (don't remember what he was promoting but basically it was Johnson Valley). He told me that everything has come to a halt of sorts because the military was not told the land in question was for OHV (BLM run) but were told it was OPEN...he said their understanding of an open area means no one will be affected therefore once they found out about the land useage they've begun to think...ALSO, there's a possibility of the area being closed off for periods of time (prescheduled) where the public could still use the land until the military needs it for their training.

Just something I heard, don't know how accurate...

The OPEN thing has been understood since the beginning. The Marine's didn't know what this meant, but it hasn't made any difference since they were informed about it the moment the story first leaked.

As for the area being closed for periods of time, but otherwise open for riding, that's just not something that is very likely to happen......EVER. The thing that everyone needs to understand is that the land will be used for live fire practice, which means that it won't ever be open for any other use. It will be just like Ft. Irwin, with a big fence and sensors to keep the public out.

If the Marine's take JV, it will be the last that any of us will ever see of it. The best that we can hope for in this scenario is to find ways to delay the process, which will keep it open to us a bit longer. We have already begun the process of identifying cultural/historically significant sites, which will need to be protected. I expect that others are working it from the species angle as well.

It's going to be a long battle.

Also, there has been a lot of talk/rumors of acre for acre land swap. This was the tact that D-37 was taking. It is also something that isn't going to happen. There just aren't large acreages of land that aren't already tied up by one restriction or another.

Top this off with alternative energy projects and we really have our hands full.