Sign in to follow this  

Supercross MX Sports/ Do away with Numbers/ What do you think???

I think this is a crock of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitt!!!

MX Sports newly purchased company to make rulings and marketing for Motocross has come up with the lame idea to do away with AMA numbers on the side plates of all bikes. This means you only run a number on the front numberplate. This is all to open up room for sponsors on the side number plates.

Corporate Bullsh___t!!!

Bad Idea ---Why??

If for some reason its muddy (that never happens in motocross) the first thing that we will lose is the front number plate.

Seems like it will be hard for the pit to tell where anyone is.

Wont be able to see the sponsors when racing and who cares when they are racing -- you want to know who is in what place at a quick glance

Sponsors have the Helmet, Jersey, Pants, Neck Brace, Shoulder Pads, a great amount of space on the bike as it is.

Well I say dont ruin a tradition ( and a good one ) to seemingly give more advertising space to the sponsors. The fans want and Identify with numbers during the race not sponsors.

Anyhow these are my thoughts--Please let me know yours.

I think this is a crock of...[cow dung]!!!

I agree. Completely A B S U R D. What's next? Let me guess. Digital Marquee signs instead of number plates?? Absurd :D

I know, lets make it like T-ball and give trophies to everybody so no ones a loser...BS!

How the hell is ralph shahen (sp) gong to call a race not. He can't see the riders as is.

You're not kidding there. Ralph is going to be lost. Maybe we will get lucky and get someone who can actually call a race intelligently. As for the change, I said this somewhere else in this forum, but it this looks like we are aligning ourselves with the FIM. They have been doing this for a while now. This and other things we have "gained" from the GP's is not a good sign as far as I am concerned. By 2010 I will probably have to have an AMA and an FIM card so I can race. That will piss me off. :D

I think this is a crock of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitt!!!

MX Sports newly purchased company to make rulings and marketing for Motocross has come up with the lame idea to do away with AMA numbers on the side plates of all bikes. This means you only run a number on the front numberplate. This is all to open up room for sponsors on the side number plates.

Corporate Bullsh___t!!!

Bad Idea ---Why??

First... isn't it still within the discretion of the individual teams to run a number there? What do you have against them making a little more money. If its a bad idea, then nobody has to do it.

Riders have their numbers on their jersey which is bigger and more readable than the side plate.

This issue is really not that important because it doesn't address the competitiveness of the races nor does it get more fans to the nationals. Who really cares.

This will only affect that hotly contested 4-6 place where the nameless, facess, sentimental favorite yet constant loser Honda riders fight to see which one can finish the best without making the podium.

(that's sarcasm guys, don't take it serious)

First... isn't it still within the discretion of the individual teams to run a number there? What do you have against them making a little more money. If its a bad idea, then nobody has to do it.

Riders have their numbers on their jersey which is bigger and more readable than the side plate.

This issue is really not that important because it doesn't address the competitiveness of the races nor does it get more fans to the nationals. Who really cares.

This will only affect that hotly contested 4-6 place where the nameless, facess, sentimental favorite yet constant loser Honda riders fight to see which one can finish the best without making the podium.

(that's sarcasm guys, don't take it serious)

haha :D couldn't have said it better. not a big deal, in fact i think it will be interesting to see what the graphics companies will do with the extra space. could be very cool (not like fmx cool).

after round 3 in SX no one will even notice the numbers are gone and now people wont complain about the lack of a side number plate on KTMs

after round 3 in SX no one will even notice the numbers are gone and now people wont complain about the lack of a side number plate on KTMs

You're right about that. I actually don't care about it at all. More sponsorship is definitely good for the sport. I am, however, against any sort of alignment with the FIM. This seems to me to be another step in that direction, and therefore makes it the only reason I even have an opinion about it.

I think its pretty frickin stupid. I know my front number plate can become unreadable pretty fast at times. the side panels are almost always readable besides daytona this past year...

I think its pretty frickin stupid. I know my front number plate can become unreadable pretty fast at times. the side panels are almost always readable besides daytona this past year...

Were you riding at daytona this past year?????:lol::p

I don't think you could see anything in extreme conditions. However, the benefits of having more advertising space should greatly exceed the cost of putting your number on the back of your jersey or helmet.

MX Sports isn't newly purchased, They have been around for years. Think- LL AMA Amateur National Championship, Promoters of the Pennsylvania MX National rounds and the GNCC's. The DMG just worked out a deal for MX Sports and Davey Coombs to over see or manage the series.

Also it reads that they have the CHOICE to run numbers on the side panels, but must run a number on the front plate. Some guys may still run a number on the side. I agree though, I like numbers better and I'm sick of Monster Energy on everything.

At least they changed the names back to traditional MX names.

I will be happy when they bring back the earned number system. One of the best parts of the season was seeing the new gear, new number and maybe new team of your favorite rider. Like Hannah going to Honda or RJ back in 83 and 86 respectively.