KLX300 License Plate Bracket

I'm sure there's been some threads or pictures here but I have no idea how to start searching. Therefore I'll just ask. What's the best way to put a plate on the KLX300. I don't really want to drill holes in the rear fender. And I don't want to have to buy a whole dual sport kit. Some of those plate holders come with the whole new tail light and funky looking black mud guard that hangs down. I'd just like something clean looking that mounts using bolts from below the stock light or something like that. Has anybody found something after market or have pics of one they fabricated themselves. Most importantly it has to be strong and not take the plate off against the tire when I bottom out on the trail. :D Thanks.

Well I know you dont want to bolt it through. But, thats what I did. bottom of the plate even with the end of the fender. Only two small holes. shaped to the fender. stays pretty straight compared to the ones that hang down under the fender. They get allot of abuse. They hit the rear tire and roll up like a burrito. plus the taillight lights it at night on top the fender

What about this one?? Go over to Langston Racing and look in the electrical department edge 2 might be what you are looking for.

Dennis

If you look in my garage you can see how the Acerbis looks mounted on the enduro fender. Holes were drilled into the sides to mount the turn signals. It's about $30.00. The bulbs don't last too long if in harsh off road conditions but you can retrofit LED's inside which work good. I ended up gutting the light section and mounting a LED light from a Baja Designs unit designed for an mx fender. I am now working on fabbing up an mx fender and a new Baja Designs light/plate holder. There are also some nice home made ones in the forum that you can find by searching.

here is a mount i made out of aluminum for a maier rear mx style fender. the tail light is a baja designs light. it mounts with three 10-32 button head machine screws so there aren't any large holes in the fender. I would have used one piece of aluminum, but all i had was some thinner stuff, so i doubled it up to add some extra strength.

klxafterback.jpg

DSCN2017.jpg

klxafterside.jpg

DSC04728s.JPG

Maier Rear MX fender with Baja Designs LED tail light license plate bracket

very solid , no floppy

Light is very bright.

roll up like a burrito....

wanna see that... just for laughs

I just put the langston moto led tail light on a 09 klx250s. Cleans up the rear end nicely. I'd post a pic but it won't let me?!?

roll up like a burrito....

wanna see that... just for laughs

I just put the langston moto led tail light on a 09 klx250s. Cleans up the rear end nicely. I'd post a pic but it won't let me?!?

You need a photobucket account. It's painful the first couple tries, but gets easier.

You need a photobucket account. It's painful the first couple tries, but gets easier.

I have a photobucket account but still not smart enough to figure out how to post a picture. Guess i need a step by step procedure.

DSC04728s.JPG

Maier Rear MX fender with Baja Designs LED tail light license plate bracket

very solid , no floppy

Light is very bright.

how did you mount your turn signals? and where did you get that rack?

If you're not really street riding and just want to get "legal", I'm with Colorado Kid - just stick that sucka on the rear fender right below the stock tail light. Hand form it to the shape of the fender, screws in the upper corners, double side foam tape in the lower corners to keep it from rattling. Then trim the corners/edges of the plate to match the shape of the fender. Voila! Lookin' good and stays that way.