Sign in to follow this  

Just bought an 06

That's an insane price on that bike! I like my 06 but am considering trading it for a 250 2T now for maintenance cost purposes. Haven't had any major problems with mine.

Assss! :D( I gave $3500.00 for mine used. Rode it a 5 times and it broke. I had to spend $800 in motor parts.

*sigh*

I will post some pics of the bike as soon as i charge the battery for the picture taker...

Assss! :D( I gave $3500.00 for mine used. Rode it a 5 times and it broke. I had to spend $800 in motor parts.

*sigh*

How long ago did you buy it?

I've had an 06 since 06 and it's been great. No motor repairs at all. The only thing I've ever had to fix that wasn't crash damage was a leaky fork seal. But I just got a new 450 and the 250 is going to my wife. So I'm going to pull the top end on the 250 inspect it and probably put in a new piston and rings and hone the cylinder. If you can hone these nikasil plated cylinders I'm not sure I have to check. This bike was absolutely great and I've ridden it in every condition from moto and arenacross to some seriously hardcore trails up at 12000 foot elevation in the mountains. It's a great bike and very versatile.

I will post some pics of the bike as soon as i charge the battery for the picture taker...

How long ago did you buy it?

About a year ago, used.

Life sucks. 2grand that's insane.

that bike rocks! it has a verry good handling.in deep sand i prefer my 2006 above my 2008.

one disadvantage: not that much power(stock).

in deep sand i prefer my 2006 above my 2008.

I agree with You, on deep sand the 05/06 are really good!

I bought an 06 that had one ride on it. Bikes is awesome, but I'm having a problem with false neutral which I haven't figured it out yet