Sign in to follow this  

08 450X vs. 09 450X

Hey guys. I've got a 07 250X and I was planning on trading in on a 09 450X and building a street legal motard. I went to the dealer today and he told he's got a brand new 08 in stock for quite a bit cheaper. I can't seem to find any info comparing the two. Is there much of a difference besides the white rear fender? More power? Thanks :D

Hey guys. I've got a 07 250X and I was planning on trading in on a 09 450X and building a street legal motard. I went to the dealer today and he told he's got a brand new 08 in stock for quite a bit cheaper. I can't seem to find any info comparing the two. Is there much of a difference besides the white rear fender? More power? Thanks :D

besides the graphics, seat cover and plastics, they are identical bikes.

Hi all, I'm a new member as of 15 minutes ago..

I also bought a new '08 450x today for a LOT less than '09.. and for some reason I like the red fender..

Anyhow, your not alone on the new '08.. I'm tickled because I just couldn't have afforded/justified the price of an '09.

I'm in Frisco TX (dallas area). I live in town, but also have a small (20 acre) place my family owns that I ride with my 4 year old in the pastures. I have a CRF230F that I putt around with him.. I'm very competitive by nature and recently brought him to a track that had a Pee-wee track also.. I ventured out on the big boy track and ended up breaking my wrist by landing the 230 flat from about 10-12 feet up: over jumped, missed landing, landed REAL hard, stayed on the bike (well at least until almost to a stop).... Did I mention I'm 6'2" and about 220lbs. :crazy: Anyhow, If I had the 450x, I'm pretty sure I would have landed hard (not HARD) and been on my way. So, now I own a new '08 450x.

I'm taking it a little easy as my arm is only 70% and i'm trying to stretch the tendon(s) back out (at wrist I get about 45 degrees deflection up, 45 degrees down)..

If your still reading... I do have a question.. I'm looking to do some Hare Scrambles in the area. Will the stock 1.9gal '08 fuel tank allow me to complete most Hare Scrambles? I noticed larger fuel tanks are extremely expensive (at least when you think of them as a plastic container).