Sign in to follow this  

Awseome deal- with a catch

I found a 03 YZ 250 for an extremely good price. The guy has a bill of sale but no title. How bad is the title process here in the great state of AZ. Is a bill of sale a trustworthy source to rely on for not being stolen? I would rather not receive stolen property. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

ED:thumbsup:

You can submit the VIN to the MCSO website and see if it is listed as hot. As far as I know it is not uncommon for a dirt bike to not have a title, just a bill of sale

a friend of mine went thruough getting a tilttle, and in his own words it was a bitch. he said he had to make multiple trips to the dmv and start a bond of some sort on the bike, it wasnt hot, and have the previous owner sign something?

Where do i get a bill of sale? is this an "official" document?

Thanks for the feedback:ride: :D:worthy:

a friend of mine went thruough getting a tilttle, and in his own words it was a bitch. he said he had to make multiple trips to the dmv and start a bond of some sort on the bike, it wasnt hot, and have the previous owner sign something?

That's what I was told about that kind of a deal from DMV.... The paperwork process can take weeks to make it legal with DMV.

I'm not so worried about the DMV. I just don't want to contribute to the endless bikes that are stolen in Maricpoa County.:D