Sign in to follow this  

Eddie I Need Some Specs. :)

I cant seem to get my jetting right. I have a 2002 Yz250 with a FMF SST pipe and a FMF Shorty silencer. I am runn at 6000-7000 feet at about 60-70 degrees.

175 main

45 piolot

clip is in 4th position(top)

air screw is 1 turn out

The bike is smoking a lot and getting an oil build up on the plugs. Any advice would be appriciated. Thanks :D.

I cant seem to get my jetting right. I have a 2002 Yz250 with a FMF SST pipe and a FMF Shorty silencer. I am runn at 6000-7000 feet at about 60-70 degrees.

175 main

45 piolot

clip is in 4th position(top)

air screw is 1 turn out

The bike is smoking a lot and getting an oil build up on the plugs. Any advice would be appriciated. Thanks :D.

So the needle is on the top clip position correct

Are you loseing tranny fluid, you could have a bad crank seal on the clutch side causeing it to suck tranny oil

no the seal is fine =/ I was wondering if I could go to a 172 or a 168 main. I started out with a 185 main and it was smoking A LOT. I put the 175 main in and it was smoking less, but I dont know it going from 185-168 will be too lean.

no the seal is fine =/ I was wondering if I could go to a 172 or a 168 main. I started out with a 185 main and it was smoking A LOT. I put the 175 main in and it was smoking less, but I dont know it going from 185-168 will be too lean.

I run a 172 in my 06,and i am at a lower elevation so you should be safe at higher altitude, a 178 should have been stock in that bike

scspencer, I think this will help to illustrate how jetting needs to be adjusted for different temperature and elevation conditions. This should at least provide you with a good starting point toward sorting your jetting out. I hope this helps. :D

2003-08YZ250Jetting.jpg

It is still smoking a lot and i am pretty sure i have the jetting right with 168 main 45 piolt air screw 1 turn out and the clip in the top postition. When I am pinned in a gear the bike shoots out a ton of white smoke could it be sucking crackcase oil?