Water pump seal question

I have an 08 450sx and the water pump seal just went out. When I bought the bike from Motosport, they gave me the KTM fische with all the part#s. Neither I or motosport can come up with the part #s for the gaskets that I need. I have the pump gasket, but not the bigger gasket for the part that connects to the case. Anyone out there have any ideas? Kinda goofy if you ask me, I cant ride till I get this fixed but knowone knows the part#s. Thx in advance.

call dan at munn racing in texas. When mine started to drip from the tell tale hole he seemed to know exactly what was needed. Seals were pretty inexpensive as I recall.

I have an 08 450sx and the water pump seal just went out. When I bought the bike from Motosport, they gave me the KTM fische with all the part#s. Neither I or motosport can come up with the part #s for the gaskets that I need. I have the pump gasket, but not the bigger gasket for the part that connects to the case. Anyone out there have any ideas? Kinda goofy if you ask me, I cant ride till I get this fixed but knowone knows the part#s. Thx in advance.

I cant find any other gasket. Just the pump cover to clutch cover o-ring. Where does it go? (see drawing below)

450SX.gif

your under the wrong microfiche , go to clutch cover not water pump and its #2 and #3, it took me forever to find it the first time, dont ask why i was looking it up, lol :D

ha ha, i'll be you're confused as ****! there is no gasket to the case half, use the best quality 3bond silicone sealant you can find. i have the workshop manual if you want it

0877330200.gif Need gasket for the bottom right piece

***???? No Gasket??? R U Sure???

definate bro, i have the workshop manual and it says so. if you want it i can send it to ya, is real handy if you like to do stuff yourself. Have you pulled it apart yet? you should be able to see that that's all they use in the factory???

Thanks, I called dan and he was very cool. Got it fixed easy and cheap, and he gave me his cell # and said if I needed anything more to call him. Thanks again.

definate bro, i have the workshop manual and it says so. if you want it i can send it to ya, is real handy if you like to do stuff yourself. Have you pulled it apart yet? you should be able to see that that's all they use in the factory???
Thanks I see what your saying now, seems kinda goofy but I guess thats what they use. Thanks bro.

That #3 in the drawing is the gasket and it is a rubber o-ring and does not have to be replaced when you change out the water pump seal. Pay attention to the direction the seal goes in. On my bike the outer water pump seal was in backwards. The first time I replaced it I just put it back in the way it came out. This last time I put it in with the open side of the seal facing outwards the way it should have been installed from the factory. Maybe this time it will last longer.

That #3 in the drawing is the gasket and it is a rubber o-ring and does not have to be replaced when you change out the water pump seal. Pay attention to the direction the seal goes in. On my bike the outer water pump seal was in backwards. The first time I replaced it I just put it back in the way it came out. This last time I put it in with the open side of the seal facing outwards the way it should have been installed from the factory. Maybe this time it will last longer.
Wait a second, your telling me the outer seal should have the open part facing outward???? You should be able to see the metal spring ban??? DAMNIT I just put it all back together the way it came out.:D