No More Side Plates!!!!

Yup no more numbers on the side plates AMA Motocross Says "Open rear number plates

The rear number plates on each side of the motorcycle will be no longer be required to display a colored background with the riders number. Riders and teams may use this space to showcase sponsor logos and their names, while maintaining the traditional numbering system on the front. With the advance of transponders and digital scoring, MX Sports is giving this space over to the riders and teams."

I don't like this. If they use it for their name or something that is one thing but if they look like the freestyle bikes than I am completely against it.

By rule the riders do have to have their name on the sidepanel for next year. Not that it is/will be easily visible, but most Pros have their name there already.

I would prefer the number (as a traditionalist), but since the AMA came in with the permanent numbering system I don't really care about them anyway. All the permanent numbers are essentiallly a form of marketing as they aren't earned anymore, so to me this is really a non-issue.

I am glad that IF Stewart races the nationals next year that he will be required to run the #1.

I am glad that IF Stewart races the nationals next year that he will be required to run the #1.

they are forcing people to run the number 1 plate? I kinda like them having the option.

I couldn't imagine Valentino Rossi running the #1 in motoGP, he is 46 and I see Stewart as #7

Its all for advertising. I mean look at nascar, all their cars are plastered with gay sponsors....just makin room for more on dirtbikes.:D:worthy::ride: :ride:

Dumbest Idea EVER. now bikes are goin to look like crap.

Yeah, look at nascar, how much media attention do they get? It's cause of "gay sponsors" like geico, redbull, monster, san manuel, rockstar, etc. that teams can race. I like this move, it gives riders and teams the oportunity to bring more outside sponsors.