Sign in to follow this  

1985 XL 600 time for repairs?

I have a 1985 XL 600 that needs some upper engine work, I have owned the bike for about 10 yrs and have loved it. It sat for a while and now needs carbs rebuilt, head gasket and valve cover gasket and some other more minor repairs. Has any one here found good carb kits and where can I get them?

What about other parts are they available? the dealer said that they won't know until they try to order them. I'm more concerned about the carbs and the heat spacer that goes between the head and carbs. the rest of the parts are mostly seals and small things, any help or ideas would be great.

I have a 1985 XL 600 that needs some upper engine work, I have owned the bike for about 10 yrs and have loved it. It sat for a while and now needs carbs rebuilt, head gasket and valve cover gasket and some other more minor repairs. Has any one here found good carb kits and where can I get them?

What about other parts are they available? the dealer said that they won't know until they try to order them. I'm more concerned about the carbs and the heat spacer that goes between the head and carbs. the rest of the parts are mostly seals and small things, any help or ideas would be great.

Whenever I have carb work to do I call Sudco. You can get everything you need from them at very reasonable prices and they have no problems discussing your particular situation to make sure you get exactly what you need and nothing more (or less)

When I upgraded my 33mm keihin carb on my KDX220 to a 35mm unit, they worked with me to determine all the proper jets to use for my area and average temps so I wouldn't spend days tweaking instead of riding.

You can also try bikebandit for OEM-type parts. they are another company I've done a lot of bisuness with this year (and last) while restoring my 1998 yamaha. If they don't have it, they'll know where to get it.