Impaled, rethinking my Alpinestar Vectors.

I love this boot! No boot clings to

pegs like Vectors. I have three pairs

of boots and this pair is the first string.

Now, I ride sometimes/usually multiple

times a week rain or shine. Thats why I

have multiple pairs.

Has a boot ever done this? Hurt? Almost:banana:

Felt it but got off with zero blood loss.

PA160110.jpg

PA160118.jpg

i hated my vectors, they were hella comfy. but i could not keep them on the pegs...switched to tech 3's and they were much better...:D

good that you werent hurt though

oh my god, when i saw the pic w/ out reading the post, i was scared for you. Glad you got away unhurt. Thats a shame w/ the boot though =[

DAMN, you are very lucky! I have never seen that before. Glad you are OK!!

No not like that.... I put a 125 kickstart through the side of my vectors, righ under the ball of my foot..(stalled in a race and was trying too hard to get the bike restarted, in my hurry put the kicker through the side then fell over...:D ). Now I roll with tech 8's and a bike with a real kicker not the weenie thing on the 125's.....

Last Feb I bought my son some Fox Comp 5's and he was kicking his bike over after a small get off on the track and sliped on the kicker and put a hole on the inner arch of the boot. I was pissed because they were only a couple of months old. He still has to ride with them for now but will never buy those again!

i but i could not keep them on the pegs...:

Thats why I like them, comfy too!

Wow. Never before have I seen anything like that. Most every boot has gaps in the chin protection though, for flexibility. I guess it was that "one in a million" impact location...but you came out of it uninjured, so I'd consider it a much better outcome than it could've been.

Just think about that poor person who lost their finger by getting it stuck through someones riding boot! :D

Ummm Ouch!!! That picture gave me the chills!

your lucky, a friend did that with a pair of msr's and didnt get away lucky.

OMG! The stick, from the inside looks just like a human finger!! :worthy:

wow straight through I never even thought about something like that happening. I will stick with my tech 3's.

OMG! Cringes

I cant believe all boots dont have steel toes. I was knocked unconscious and woke up with the engine running and my foot sucked in between the chain and swingarm. Plastic in the boot melted around my toes and I lost about half of three toes due to 3rd degree burns from the melting plastic. Freak accident I know but still think as much as you pay for a pair of Tech 8s they should have steel toes. Alpinestar wouldnt even replace the boot.

Nexttolastowie021.jpg

I cant believe all boots dont have steel toes. I was knocked unconscious and woke up with the engine running and my foot sucked in between the chain and swingarm. Plastic in the boot melted around my toes and I lost about half of three toes due to 3rd degree burns from the melting plastic. Freak accident I know but still think as much as you pay for a pair of Tech 8s they should have steel toes. Alpinestar wouldnt even replace the boot.

Nexttolastowie021.jpg

Are you saying you are rethinking Alpinestars as well?

Had a stick about that size impale my right cheek a few years ago. Went through my helmet padding and into my cheek before it broke off with about 6" sticking out of the helmet opening. I had to pull the stick out of my cheek to get the helmet off.

Glad you had no damage.

I hate sticks.

Had a stick about that size impale my right cheek a few years ago. Went through my helmet padding and into my cheek before it broke off with about 6" sticking out of the helmet opening. I had to pull the stick out of my cheek to get the helmet off.

Glad you had no damage.

I hate sticks.

"Gnarly dude!"

I had my arm impaled too.

Just have to watch out for everything.

There's a lady with one of those sticking out of her neck in the thumpett section, pics and all.

Ossidog. Actually I bought another pair of Alpinestars cheap on ebay. I also think Alpinestars are very comfortable. Also I dont think any brand has steel toes. I dont think we are getting the quality and protection we should for the money. I would like to try some other boots like Gearne if the opportunity came up. Problem is new boots and broke in boots are very different so you never know untill after you have spent your money.

Ossidog. Actually I bought another pair of Alpinestars cheap on ebay. I also think Alpinestars are very comfortable. Also I dont think any brand has steel toes. I dont think we are getting the quality and protection we should for the money. I would like to try some other boots like Gearne if the opportunity came up. Problem is new boots and broke in boots are very different so you never know untill after you have spent your money.

Pouring rain today so I wore my Thor's.

They are a far cry from my Alpinestars.

I also have a pair of Gargne(sp). I do

like my Vectors the best.