tire advise

I am new to trials and live in an aera where pepole do not know what a montesa cota 315r is. What is a good tire for this bike? where is a good place to order from? Do pepole use slim in the tires? Do pepole glue there bead to the rim 4x4 style?

thanks

Chris in berkeley springs wv

I am new to trials and live in an aera where pepole do not know what a montesa cota 315r is. What is a good tire for this bike? where is a good place to order from? Do pepole use slim in the tires? Do pepole glue there bead to the rim 4x4 style?

thanks

Chris in berkeley springs wv

My favorite tire is a Michelin X-11. Very soft sidewall with great traction. Hopefully YZ will get in on this thread because he just found a source for IRC's for pretty cheap....they are a good tire too.

I dont use Slime but I advocate using Stans No Tubes. Its a lot different than Slime and doesnt gum up your valve like Slime. Its much thinner and it only sets in actual leaks...say for a small hole or leaking through rim strap. It goes in all my tires. Great stuff.

No glue needed.

Hey there , tires come down to personal preference, but as a new rider you probably would not be able to tell any difference.(this was also told to me when i started, and was true! )This being said I like the dunlop d803 its the cheapest trials tire you will find . Here 's link to cyclegear they have them pretty cheap .

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=129&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=TUC_31-8007_G&tier2=214

Geoff Aaron won on them , I guess they're good enough for me !

Wow, those Dunlops are cheap!!

If you want really cheap, go to an event and ask someone for their old tire. Trials guys throw their tires out way too early!!! Plenty of life left in most of them.

find someone who is sponsored... and frutta, didn't i see you with a brand new tire at hunter?

yes, brand new michelin. I got good connections!!

prior to that, I had on a set of dunlops that Santa left for me. I believe I put those on for the TTC training days back in March, 7 months ago.

My favorite tire is a Michelin X-11. Very soft sidewall with great traction. Hopefully YZ will get in on this thread because he just found a source for IRC's for pretty cheap....they are a good tire too.

Scratch that.... I just got the tire and it is a dualsport tire. To their credit, it was in the dualsport section and said that it was a dualsport tire.

To my credit, the mich's and dunlops were also in the dualsport section, and the picure of the IRC was in fact a trials tire..... grrrrr......

I bought a set of dunlop 803s from Rockymountainatv.com. Less than $140 bucks for the pair. I'll be mounting them soon. I've heard many other people swear by the NoTubes product.

Just a heads up if anyone is looking to pick up the IRC tr-11. The front tires are out of stock everywhere until sometime in November. So I now have the joy of rocking the TR-11 Rear with a TR-1 front. Both are softer than the dry-rotted michelins I had on there prior to these. Now if only I didn't have to use a tube on my rear, we'd be in much better shape :D

Andrew

Yep, the IRC's are crazy soft. I have about 10 gouges in the sidewals on mine that llok like they could go through at any moment. And one or 2 of the knobs are just about torn off. You seriously could pull them off by hand though..... way softer than Michelins!

thanks for all the replies

are the dunlop tubeless? dennis kirk list them as needind a tube.

I realy want a tubeless .

Yes, the 803 and the 801 (can't be sure of the number )are tubeless.