Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone else find the stock shift lever too short

I am a noob, but it seems wierd b/c the only way I can shift is by pointing my boot directly donward which is hard to do. My foot is only a ten. Sidi flex force boot.

1011080109.jpg

+1

I put on the MSR +1, and it fixed that issue. I ride with shoes and it's a little far out there, but with boots its perfect.

Fellow TT'er Rock Monster turned me on to the +1" MSR shifter. :D I wear work/logger style boots on my bike and the stock shifter hit right where the steel toe started. It sucked :worthy: . No more of that nonsense, and I swear it shifts smoother now.

I jusordered mine 5mins ago! How could I not with all the +1s. Yeah I found that with the lever aligned nicely for upshifts, I had to take my foot off the peg to reach over it for a downshift. So can't wait for my MSR.

+1

I put on the MSR +1, and it fixed that issue. I ride with shoes and it's a little far out there, but with boots its perfect.

yeah what her said, Plus, cut the end of a piece of heater hose and work it onto the end of the shifter to save your boot. inside dia of hose has got to be a little smaller than the od of the peg on the shifter.

they have them for 19 at rockymountainmc.com I picked one up a while back for my size 12's. it works great

yeah what her said, Plus, cut the end of a piece of heater hose and work it onto the end of the shifter to save your boot. inside dia of hose has got to be a little smaller than the od of the peg on the shifter.

I know you mean fuel line cuz that's what I did..............:D

if u dont want to spend any money just adjust it upward a lot then when u shift u dont have to point your toe down but when you shift down ull have to move your foot more but u will get used to it quick thats what i did

I got one 2 weeks ago from the Motovan dot com catalog page 465 $15.99 It came from my local Suzuki Dealer. Works nice with my size 11's