Sign in to follow this  

Insane arm pump!

So today I was at the track and rode for a while. My arms felt FINE while I was riding but once I went to drive home.... My arms locked up terribly, my arms and fingers where paralyzed and I couldnt move them AT ALL! I could feel my forearm muscles hard as a rock. And then while I was changing a blown tire on the car on the way home it happened again! I have NO MOVEMENT at all in them when it happens. Im kinda worried about this now, because it could be really dangerous while driving. Is this arm pump, or somthing else?

I've gotton arm pump so bad that it lasted 3 days, but I've never lost all movement. If I get arm pump it usually happens while I'm riding. You might want to get that checked out

sounds like you getting cramping not pump I used to get that after 100+ mile days out at watkins. the biggest key I have found is to keep your electrolytes up and stay hydrated

Bryce

I am not sure what causes it but I know a guy at work whos hands and arms lock up when he works out and drinks soda...If he stays away from soda he has no problem but if he drinks soda his hands and arms lock up.

I am not sure what causes it but I know a guy at work whos hands and arms lock up when he works out and drinks soda...If he stays away from soda he has no problem but if he drinks soda his hands and arms lock up.

Havent drinkin a soda in months! I guess I will just have to deal with it. Its kinda scary, because I can move them when it happens, and that can get my killed!

I've had the same issue. Mostly only the hands. They will lock up and my thumb will try to curl under into my palm and i can't stop it. I also get real sharp pains/cramps in my jaw also... it's from dehydration. I started drinking a lot more water/gatorade..or something to help rejuvenate the muscles...the wife just looks at me like i'm crazy when it locks up like that though...

Wait till you get that kind of cramping up in a huge muscle like the quadricep. Had to go to the ER to get some no-joking-around painkillers to ease the pain.