Sign in to follow this  

building a pit bike on the cheaper side

i have been throwing around the idea of buying one of those chinese rolling chassis off ebay and then buying a motor for it im thinking something like a gpx 150 because i want the power after riding a thumpstar 125 compared to another friend of mines 150 i could not ride the 125 its just not the same

does this sound like a decent plan is there something im missing besides buying them and putting them together

first things first im not going to be racing it or doing anything insane we just have a little track we built at a freinds house that we have been messing around on and several of my friends have just cheap chinese bikes and the cheap suspention and things dont really bother me for what we do

anybody see and problems or have some advice

thanks sorry for the long post

right now buying an 2008.5 x4 leftover is a better option than building till they run out

right now buying an 1008.5 x4 leftover is a better option than building till they run out
do you have pics of these. they must be classics with aluminum tanks and wooden wheels?:D sorry vince couldn't resist

do you have pics of these. they must be classics with aluminum tanks and wooden wheels?:D sorry vince couldn't resist

you got me !

i have been throwing around the idea of buying one of those chinese rolling chassis off ebay and then buying a motor for it im thinking something like a gpx 150 because i want the power after riding a thumpstar 125 compared to another friend of mines 150 i could not ride the 125 its just not the same

does this sound like a decent plan is there something im missing besides buying them and putting them together

first things first im not going to be racing it or doing anything insane we just have a little track we built at a freinds house that we have been messing around on and several of my friends have just cheap chinese bikes and the cheap suspention and things dont really bother me for what we do

anybody see and problems or have some advice

thanks sorry for the long post

Honestly the No Name China rolling chassis are Junk and Never come complete they are always missing something that it desperately needs to work and the correct parts are not to be had....

do yourself a favor and buy a SSR Tx150 or something of equil quality

Check on Planet Minis, a company has been importing a good quality roller for

about $900.00, folks that got 'um have liked 'um.

Check on Planet Minis, a company has been importing a good quality roller for

about $900.00, folks that got 'um have liked 'um.

Search for "Medina" I think that is what he's reffering to.

your better off going with planetminis or finding another good roller frame from a crf or something. just post an ad on craigslist. the 150 is way powerful and very loud. if your going to be riding in a noise sensative area dont go with 150.