Sign in to follow this  

Thinking on getting a 09 crf250

Hey all, new here, just got a few quick questions.

I've got an 08 crf250 and I'm going to trade it in for an 09 model with a few upgrades I'm definitely considering:

Radiator Braces

Pro Taper Bars

Driven Bar Clamps

ASV C/5 Bendback Levers

Pro-Circuit Ti-4 GP Full Twin System

Race Jetting by some outside tuning company

Black Excel Rims w/Red Talon Hubs

Roc Stompa Footpegs

Basically, my questions are as follows.

My 08 model is stock apart from ASV levers and Pro Taper bars.

Will I notice much difference with an 09 model with the Ti-4 GP system? Anyone know how much horsepower it's supposed to add?

Also with my new Fox boots I sometimes miss the relitively small Honda footpegs, so are Roc Stompers a good option, or are there better pegs to consider?

Also is there much point in me getting a Boyesen Quickshot 2?

Cheerz...

Why not put those upgrades into your 08 and save your self $6,000? I wouldnt do it.

Buy the -09 and put on new levers and radiator braces.

About those uprades in general, it's all thanks to good and working commercials. People believe all they see and hear. Sad.

Wait for thew 2010. 08 and 09 are very similar but to each thier own. Good luck with it!

I would keep the 08, and save the money. The 09 has very little changes. Basically Bold new graphics.

I would never trade my 08 that is set up for me for a new 09. Between the suspension, motor, and other little mods...

I would keep the 08, and save the money. The 09 has very little changes. Basically Bold new graphics.

I would never trade my 08 that is set up for me for a new 09. Between the suspension, motor, and other little mods...

and a new one piece back fender/#plates... geese how could you forget about that :D:worthy:

and a new one piece back fender/#plates... geese how could you forget about that :worthy::ride:

im sorry but i dont see how the back fender and side panels are one piece. in the pic it looks no different from the other years. it looks like it splits right behind the seat bolts. maybe im not seeing something :D

it is not one piece (thankfully). It is no different than any other CRF model, just a different color.