XR250R Running temperature

Can anyone advise what running temp i should expect on my 2004 XR250R. Just got the bike (First air cooled) and i have no idea. Its too hot to touch on the engine casing and that got me worried.

Thanks

Can anyone advise what running temp i should expect on my 2004 XR250R. Just got the bike (First air cooled) and i have no idea. Its too hot to touch on the engine casing and that got me worried.

Thanks

No clue m8 but trust me i ran it all day out on a m8's farm during a 46C day. Yes i know what was i thinking. Anyways it may have taken the whole night to cool down but it didn't miss a beat. These air cooled bike run very hot in the engine casings but unless its overheating just change the oil every 600mile or 1000km if you can be bothered.

Hope this helps m8

Matt

Heat? Temps?

My Water cooled xr650r runs between 200-225 all day long (have temp sensor)

My aircooled xr250r runs between 225-250 most of the Time.

I have got the 250 up to 290-300 once in the sand dunes....NOT GOOD!

Most of the time I stop and take a break if it gets over 250...

Heat equals power loss and possible damage...

digahole78, air cooled engine temp. is much like the pressure at which your sphincter is being held shut while riding, as long as you don't s--t your pants you should be thinking about more important things. this is why your bike does not come equipped with an engine temp. guage

Ha ha, good call analysisbert. That puts it in perspective.