Sign in to follow this  

200 HP Dual Sport Street-Dirtbike!!

So how does this work. I just recently saw this picture of a 200 hp, 180+ mph Street/Dirt bike. Apparently it was a R1 streetbike that someone threw dirtbike tires on and used it as a dirtbike. What a concept! I thought about this bike and other then just putting dirt tires on and changing the suspension why wouldent it work just as well as any big bore dirtbike that would desimate anything in a wide open drag. The only downfall I could think of is that it wouldent be as good in tight track because it would be heavier and the engine would be tunned for wide open racing. You would not have the low end thump but would have dramatic high end powerband that would make a CR500 look like a pit bike. Think about it guys, take a Honda 650R and add ANOTHER 150 hp on!! WOW! :D

Better have a VERY good knobbie in order to hook up even half that power.

http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2007060918erzberg20207vgt8.jpg

So how does this work. I just recently saw this picture of a 200 hp, 180+ mph Street/Dirt bike. Apparently it was a R1 streetbike that someone threw dirtbike tires on and used it as a dirtbike. What a concept! I thought about this bike and other then just putting dirt tires on and changing the suspension why wouldent it work just as well as any big bore dirtbike that would desimate anything in a wide open drag. The only downfall I could think of is that it wouldent be as good in tight track because it would be heavier and the engine would be tunned for wide open racing. You would not have the low end thump but would have dramatic high end powerband that would make a CR500 look like a pit bike. Think about it guys, take a Honda 650R and add ANOTHER 150 hp on!! WOW! :D

Better have a VERY good knobbie in order to hook up even half that power.

http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2007060918erzberg20207vgt8.jpg

Ummmm....My guess is you took a wrong turn somewhere.

How so? Special Interest Forums, Observed Trials Bikes right?

I read it fast I thought it was trail not trial. If this can be moved im not sure where it should be moved? I don't think I cant move it I would need a mod?

srry :D

How so? Special Interest Forums, Observed Trials Bikes right?

I read it fast I thought it was trail not trial. If this can be moved im not sure where it should be moved? I don't think I cant move it I would need a mod?

srry :D

No worries...Im glad you posted it in here. If you didnt I would not have seen it. I guess I should check the other forums more.

I saw a few years ago a bike at the Pikes Peak race (on TV) that looked very similar to that. IIRC it was a CBR600.

Looks like that R1 was at the erzberg enduro?? Probably would have been good for qualifying, but Imagine if he made the race??? taht thing would be a bear going throught that course!!!

i don't think you have twins at erzberg. A trials bike has the opposite problem. would kick ass at the event, qualifying would be a pain.

of course they have twins, and the r1 is an inline 4.

check these photos, see any twins or any thing else that looks familiar?

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=18589

Yes its an inline 4 cyl, 4 carbs, 1000cc and around 200 hp. It revs to about 16 thousand rpm! It would be a bear allright, a big grizzly bear on cocaine :D

no way those bikes have carbs. and i know they allow multi cylender bikes to qualify, but actually run the enduro is another story. I BELIEVE (if someone wants to find the rules or a muti cyl. bike on the course i'll gladly correct this) it's you get to run the qualifying where it's a mad dash up the normal road to the top then your done if you have more then 1 cyl. And besides, why would you want to try and take those big twins (or 4's) though those rock gardens or the other crazy crud they have. MAYBE one of those aprilia bikes, but that's where i'd stop anyway.

no way those bikes have carbs. and i know they allow multi cylender bikes to qualify, but actually run the enduro is another story. I BELIEVE (if someone wants to find the rules or a muti cyl. bike on the course i'll gladly correct this) it's you get to run the qualifying where it's a mad dash up the normal road to the top then your done if you have more then 1 cyl. And besides, why would you want to try and take those big twins (or 4's) though those rock gardens or the other crazy crud they have. MAYBE one of those aprilia bikes, but that's where i'd stop anyway.

Im not sure im following you? Yes they have 4 carbs and 4 cyl. I should know because I have one for street. They will do over 180 mph stock on the highway. The picture is of someone who put dirt tires on and used it as a dirtbike. No one would ruin an apriia race street/track bike for the woods\offroad. Someone must of had an old beat up R1 and wanted to have some fun with the big boys on the 500cc and 650cc 2 and 4 strokes. :D

4 intake manifolds maybe, each with there own injector, but i don't think they use an actual carb.

umm yea they do, they used carbs on them from the begining and just last year they started putting FI on some of them. They are performance carbs so there is no loss of power or anything vs the FI. Even the Hayabusa the 220 mph bike uses carbs!

Here I took off my airbox for you!

http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=carbib0.jpg

actually on an R1

"A new fuel injection system was introduced for the 2002 year, which worked like a carburetor by employing a CV carburetor slide controlled by vacuum created by the engine"

He propably meant an Aprilia like this one;

Aprilia%20RXV450%2008.jpg

You have to realize that carbs offer the same overall power output as EFI. EFI is better because it can adjust to performance changes without rejetting and the throttle feel in some cases is a little better. In 2008 Nascar still uses carbs on their race cars. The FI has many advantages but more power is not necessarily one of them.