Pit Bike Registration Questions CA

I am very new to this sport and have a couple of questions regarding registration.

So I got a used pit bike of craigslist. All I have is a written bill of sale between me and the seller. Apparently the bike was never registered.

What do I need to bring to DMV to register the bike?

I know some tracks require red or green stickers. The bike I have has neither. How do I get these stickers, and what do they mean?

Thanks everyone for your help.

You should post this in the Caifornia forum. I however know a peson that got a cheap pit bike, and DMV told them they could not register it in Calif, green or red sticker. That is the reason that they all go so cheap. I might be wrong, it won't be the first time. You can try taking the BOS to the DMV and see what they say. Make sure you take your check book.:lol:

YEah it all depends on the bike, I have a 1985 honda spree scooter that ive been trying to register and the only way to get a title is to lein sale it to myself

I am very new to this sport and have a couple of questions regarding registration.

So I got a used pit bike of craigslist. All I have is a written bill of sale between me and the seller. Apparently the bike was never registered.

What do I need to bring to DMV to register the bike?

I know some tracks require red or green stickers. The bike I have has neither. How do I get these stickers, and what do they mean?

Thanks everyone for your help.

DMV is not the big bad monster everyone makes them out to be. Just take the bike and paperwork to dmv, they will inspect the VIN and give you the proper forms to fill out. I did this a few months ago with my yz250.

Be sure that you tell them its for OFFROAD. They don't need to waste time looking for an emissions sticker.

If you make an appointment, you'll be out of there in 30mins.