Sign in to follow this  

10/14 Another Day At The Office w/pics

After getting some work done early in the day on Tuesday, I found myself with a free afternoon. I dug the 300 out of the back of the building and took off for the woods. It's really dry out here but the fall colors are still pretty good. I covered 51 miles of good stuff that had me smiling all afternoon. I never saw another human, never touched pavement, and never rode the same trail twice. I rode back on to the farm and headed to the cabin for some liquid refreshment. The 300 is the perfect bike for a slow, old fart like me. This has been a long year but days like this make it all worthwhile. Here are some pics to bore you with.

Putting up some late season hay.

fall21.jpg

fall24.jpg

Farm Scenes

fall23.jpg

fall22.jpg

fall25.jpg

fall19.jpg

Time to Ride

fall1.jpg

fall2.jpg

fall4.jpg

fall5.jpg

fall6.jpg

fall7.jpg

fall8.jpg

fall9.jpg

fall14.jpg

fall15.jpg

fall16.jpg

fall18.jpg

Back at the cabin. Home Sweet Home.

fall11.jpg

fall10.jpg

That is beautiful country! You sure don't see stuff like that down here in Florida. Great job on the photography too. Almost looks like a ad/brochure for KTM.

I was hoping to ride some up at the Hatfield McCoy this year but it looks like winter will be here before I can find the time (best time for us to ride in Florida).

Thanks for sharing!

:D

MarkC

Sweet! I'll trade my corner office for those views any day.

I love this state & the area I live in, but I think I officially hate you now. :D

Nothing wrong with southern VA either though.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=64801

I'm coming to ride up your way one of these days Stonewall!

Stonewall,

Where are you in Virginia? The place is awesome!

I've been to and lived in a lot of states but never Virginia. I'm from out west (Co, Ut, NM) and really miss the mountains. I too have had my fill of Florida.

Thanks fellas :D

Stonewall,

Where are you in Virginia? The place is awesome!

I'm in Highland County. The population is less than 2500 people on 416 Sq. miles so there is lots of open ground. It's in the middle of nowhere, at least a 1 hour drive to the nearest McDonalds or WalMart.:worthy:

200px-Map_of_Virginia_highlighting_Highland_County.svg.png

I camped at Front Royal Virgina a couple of years ago and those pictures reminded me of that area.

I have a sister who now lives in Grottoes, Va. she says they have one blinking traffic light! :worthy: I may have to take my bike and go visit her sometime.

BTW what kind of camera were you using?

MarkC :D

I camped at Front Royal Virgina a couple of years ago and those pictures reminded me of that area.

I have a sister who now lives in Grottoes, Va. she says they have one blinking traffic light! :ride: I may have to take my bike and go visit her sometime.

BTW what kind of camera were you using?

MarkC :worthy:

I'm about 1.5 hrs west of Grottoes, bring the bike and let's ride.:ride: We have 1 blinking traffic light in the whole county. I'm not sure what it's there for other than to waste electricity.:ride: I was using a Panasonic Lumix TZ5.:D

gorgeous pics. Thanks for sharing. Perfect time of year for taking pics of a pumpkin :lol:

That shot of the orange tree with the kid under it is neat.