(3) bikes, (3) plugs, (1) possible pre-mix ratio? Leaving tomorrow.

Starting tomorrow, for (4) days, we'll be hitting the Mojave high desert out here in CA. Temp will be mid to high 70's in the 3300-4k ft range mostly.

We're going to have a number of bikes out there, and (3) of the bikes will be 2 strokes.

An '87XC430, a '96360 and a '04WR250.

I need confirmation and recommendations on the below based on the above fact it's higher dez and in the 60's and 70's degree F:

1: Confirm a B9EG is the correct plug for the 430

2: What plug for the 360? Non resistor type right?

3: BR9EIX came with 250, but from the lengthy discussion on http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614722 I'm unsure really which one, but it seems possibly the B9EG is the way to go on this one?

Maybe all (3) can use the same plug type?

All gaped the same too by chance?

Also, I've read a number of threads on pre-mix ratios for all these bikes, and it's all over the map.

Is there a safe/recommended pre-mix ratio I can use on all (3) these bikes?

I'm more for reliability and durability than I am all out performance by the way.

Or do I need to break them out some?

I realize jetting plays into this too, just assume jetting we would leave on the richer side or just shy thereof.

Thanks for the help guys.... :D

a standard on the safe side mix ratio would be 32-1 with a good quality oil like klotz r50 or spectro etc.

a standard on the safe side mix ratio would be 32-1 with a good quality oil like klotz r50 or spectro etc.

I've been out of the 2 stroke game for so long, but is Maxima Super M considered a high quality pre mix oil these days? I have a few new quarts of that, that's why I ask. If I need to go out and buy something different that's more accommodating for these bikes, I will, just need to know.

Is 32:1 too conservative, or just right in your mind, for all 3?

I run the same plug BR8EG in 88 WRK 125, 93 360, 87 WR250, 02 wr360 and 44:1 good sythetic for all. We do want a ride report with photos. Have fun.

I run the same plug BR8EG in 88 WRK 125, 93 360, 87 WR250, 02 wr360 and 44:1 good sythetic for all. We do want a ride report with photos. Have fun.

Of cos. I will do my best to get some actual pics, etc. Full report as well.

Have you changed (tried) to the non-resitor type in any of these bikes?

That thread I posted above seemed fairly strict about saying the R plugs don't do well in the 250 analog ignitions.... Although it did say the WR125's did like the R plug in the upper RPM's, and they weren't sure why.

Thanks for the feedback too! :D

I would run the 9 series plug ( take a box of the 8 series also incase they foul ) , Weather it be the Iridium NGK plug or basic NGK .

40:1 has work perfect for me , using Synthetic Oil's & 92 octane rating gas.

Oil's have come long way's form the 80's & 90's.

Just Make sure you use a Full synthetic 2 stroke oil ( AMS oil , Motorex , Belray, ect . . . )

Have NEW or Clean Air Filter's on Hand for all the bikes.

Change gear fluid on the 2 strokes, Top Off the Radiator fluid OR flush it out and add Fresh Fluid.

Brake fluid Check & top off.

Chain Lube -

Grease everything that need to be, Inspect all .

Take a Tire Patch Kit & Air Pump .

Pretty much it ... you should be good to go!

Thanks cease.... great feedback and thanks for thinking of the little extras too!

I just returned some Super M and picked up Yamalube 2R, but it's not a full Synthetic. Now I will go and see if I can get something else in the interim.

I don't have Amsoil on hand, but would like to try it, my dad's a dealer so we can get it as wholesale, since we have so many cars/trucks, he needed to be one in order to get the better pricing.

Ryan, I have been using Yamalube 2R since day one on my 125, and when I replaced the top end the powervalvle was not gummed up whatsoever, the cylinder was also in fantastic shape.

I will second the 40-1 vote especially on the range of bikes you are using.

Adam

Dope. Good deal surfer. I ended up picking up 2R and taking back the Super M, but hadn't yet seen ceases' comments about 100% synthetic. Good thing, as a kid, I used 2R religiously in all my old 2 strokes, blasters, banshee's, 250R's, etc without hiccup, and the husky's have an older school design, so I should be ok for this trip.

I am also going to try the Amsoil dominator stuff I think too.

40:1 is what I'm going to try based on the feedback since we have the bikes a little on the richer side.

40-1 is a good universal ratio.