Sign in to follow this  

Rim Stickers?

Hey guys i was just seeing if any of u all had rim stickers on your bike. If so, can i see a picture of them on your bike. My bike has silver rims and i want to get black decals to look like black rims. Also where did u order them at? I heard factory effex takes forever for you to get them in because they are custom. I also found a site called www.180decals.com that had them also. Thanks

Hey shroyer, do they last? Like from pressure washing your bike and changing tires. Thanks

I have had them for over 20 hours on the bike. I race GNCCs and OMAs and they have not even begun to peel off or anything. And they get pretty rocky and theres a lot of roots. I also like to get close with the pressure washer at times and nothing has happened. Just one thing to remember when putting the on is when you put overlap the opposite direction your tire turns so there is a less chance of them catching something.

I added black ones made by fx to my silver rims. They do stick really well, but dont look very good. I ended up removing them. It was very hard to apply them and keep the black edge looking straight.

I added black ones made by fx to my silver rims. They do stick really well, but dont look very good. I ended up removing them. It was very hard to apply them and keep the black edge looking straight.

I had a very easy time putting them on and mine look fantastic.

I don't have any pics, but I have a set of the Factory Effex black with the white FX logo on my CRF450. They've been on the bike for about a year and a half and are staying on the rims with no problems and are holding up well to abuse and pressure washing, and they look great. :D:worthy:

I had a very easy time putting them on and mine look fantastic.

I could not be more thrilled for you!

Really, the fx rim sickers are a lousy product. Other companies might make better rim stickers, but dont bother with the fx brand. The 21 inch front stickers were too long. The rears were too short.

I could not be more thrilled for you!

Really, the fx rim sickers are a lousy product. Other companies might make better rim stickers, but dont bother with the fx brand. The 21 inch front stickers were too long. The rears were too short.

You are right about the length, you have to save the excess from the front sticker to fill the gap on the back (with a 19" rear rim), which is a bonehead PITA. :D

But other than that, the quality is top shelf, as is the durability and appearance. The price could be more user-friendly, however...

I was not too happy with the black sticker on the silver rim. I think a clear background would have looked better.

hmm...:D

I really like the black on the silver rim...

The black on silver sounded better than it looked. I did see a black on black set, made by decalworks , and they looked really nice.

Do you have to remove the wheel to apply the sticker? I am against stickers on rims. :D

You wouldn't have to remove it, but it definitely makes it easier.

You don't like rim stickers, you don't have to have them...living in a free society is great.

can someone post pics of them of there rims stickers. Im thinking about getting them but dont know if how good they look.