mx trials bike

i just had a long lechler from my dad bout how my mx bike is worthless in the woods and a trials bike it the best bike in the world :D:worthy::ride:. so any vidos on a mx bike that is doing things a trails bike could do?

Lots of things a trials bike will do MUCH better than any MX bike...not to say that there is anything that "CAN'T" be done on an MX bike that can only be done on a trials bike. Right tool for the job, and lots of variables on every job.

Not a bad statement from your dad, just not 100% correct.

BTW, what kinda bike do you have?

if your gonna be doing only trails...get a trail bike, if your gonna be doing MX get an mx bike, BUT mx bikes will do better on trails then trails bikes on mx tracks. Also it depends what bike fits you. i was planning on doing mostly trails but i didnt want a 250lbs bike since im not big. So i got a 144lbs bike that fits decent and does fine w/ mx and trails. Even as my next bike iim getting a 125 2t, an mx bike but gonna put some stuff on for trails.

Have him watch an Enduro-X race. The trials bikes keep up pretty good but they almost never win. That being said, a trials bike would be sweet for the woods. I just can't afford both and won't give up the adrenaline rush of a MX bike.

i have a 98 yz250 and he rode trials in the 60's so everything he bases on a mx bike is on bikes from that era. i know that a trials bike it suted for that type of riding but he wont come see me ride or ride with me so he has no idea. just wanting to show him some things that might change his mind a bit.

any vidos on a mx bike that is doing things a trails bike could do?

Yes there are:ride:

Checkout Taddy Blazusiak

Erzberg training

i have a 98 yz250 and he rode trials in the 60's so everything he bases on a mx bike is on bikes from that era. i know that a trials bike it suted for that type of riding but he wont come see me ride or ride with me so he has no idea. just wanting to show him some things that might change his mind a bit.

Well, if he don't wanna know, don't waist your time. Just grin and bear it. Lots of things in life ya just think, don't say....this is one of them. Too bad, so sad.

Good luck in your other endeavors, sounds like some ego got involved and screwed everything up....Imagine that :D

Yes there are:ride:

Checkout Taddy Blazusiak

Erzberg training

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I think your dad needs to give you a long lecture about your communication skills.

i just had a long lechler from my dad bout how my mx bike is worthless in the woods and a trials bike it the best bike in the world . so any vidos on a mx bike that is doing things a trails bike could do?

Are you talking TRAIL bike or TRIALS bike? Big difference between the two.

I think your dad needs to give you a long lecture about your communication skills.

Are you talking TRAIL bike or TRIALS bike? Big difference between the two.

My thoughts exactly. There is a bike difference between a trail bike and a trials bike.

I hope your also talking about spelling. Wow.

if your gonna be doing only trails...get a trail bike, if your gonna be doing MX get an mx bike, BUT mx bikes will do better on trails then trails bikes on mx tracks. Also it depends what bike fits you. i was planning on doing mostly trails but i didnt want a 250lbs bike since im not big. So i got a 144lbs bike that fits decent and does fine w/ mx and trails. Even as my next bike iim getting a 125 2t, an mx bike but gonna put some stuff on for trails.

MX bikes do great in the trails. And to me there funner then trail bikes...except for of course the ktm 200 and 300's :D

yes i know my spelling it bad, and no i am talking bout a trials bike he has a gas gas 321 txt (well i think it is a 321 i know my brother has a 280 pro).

get an rm,kc,cr,yz 250. ityll go anywhere.

Think about it this way, the big bikes will do some of the things that a trials bike will. However, you very quickly reach the limits. Trust me when i say a trail or MX bikes wouldn't even be able to complete a beginner section, let alone anything past that. Those tight turns will get ya every time. And to those that say they can't handle the woods, show up at a trials event and try to keep up with one of the expert riders. I got my foot pegs blown off more then once at my last event. Trust me when i say the only limit to a trials bike is it's range. A 1 gallon tank and a large 2 stroke isn't gonna get you to far. That being said, i'd kill for a trials bike with a seat and diffrent gearing for the woods. The way they make power (don't just won't spin) is addicting, trust me.

Think about it this way, the big bikes will do some of the things that a trials bike will. However, you very quickly reach the limits. Trust me when i say a trail or MX bikes wouldn't even be able to complete a beginner section, let alone anything past that. Those tight turns will get ya every time. And to those that say they can't handle the woods, show up at a trials event and try to keep up with one of the expert riders. I got my foot pegs blown off more then once at my last event. Trust me when i say the only limit to a trials bike is it's range. A 1 gallon tank and a large 2 stroke isn't gonna get you to far. That being said, i'd kill for a trials bike with a seat and diffrent gearing for the woods. The way they make power (don't just won't spin) is addicting, trust me.

I somewhat disagree. I killed my Montesa right before a meet so I rode a KTM 200xc-w. It was one heck of a lot more difficult, but I placed third in my event. That's usually what I place on the Montesa.

i just had a long lechler from my dad bout how my mx bike is worthless in the woods and a trials bike it the best bike in the world

I think the real key is once you know how to ride a trials bike you can transfer a lot of those skills to enduro bikes. It's virtually as easy to nail a rock ledge or 3' log with a KTM 200 as it is with a GG Pro. Anybody ever wonder why David Knight does some of the stuff he does in the Last Man Standing events? He's in excellent physical condition and an avid trials bike rider.

The point I'm trying to get across is get the bike you're going to have the most fun on. Who cares what anybody else thinks. I have a 453 bored KTM 400 which I'm by far and away the fastest on most trails. I have VASTLY more fun though on the Montesa, KTM or a GG300 I ride some of the time. The 453 is a stunningly good bike but boring as heck. It sits in the garage until my once a year ride on high altitude Colorado trails.