Sign in to follow this  

Tennessee questions...

I've done a search and can't seem to find much on TN. trail riding. We are considering a move from California and I've gotta have somewhere to ride.

We were in TN. about a month and a half ago and really liked Nolensville, Franklin and Mt. Juliet. We actually liked a great number of towns around there.

Any good riding in those parts? Single track type stuff? Seems like Knoxville has more posts on this forum.

Thanks.:D

Personally I live in west TN and have to travel a little ways to go ride. But from experience there is some good riding around the Land Between the Lakes area. Also one of my favorites is Picket State park. It is about 1.5 hrs northeast of Nashville. I have mapped over 80 miles of trail there and have only begun to scratch the surface. Also Tellico Plains TN has lots of riding in the Cherokee National Forest.

Hope this helps.

Big Belly,

I am from that area. I actually live in Smyrna, TN which is within minutes of all these towns. There are a few local trail riding spots, but there are several with in an hour or so from this area. Many of us from Middle Tennessee are members of the Middle Tennessee Dirt Riders. Check em out at mtdr.net. I ride with several guys on a regular basis. The MTDR club also has a ride once a month. We actually got back last weekend from Loretta Lynn's Ranch, where there were several hundred riders. Excellent time! :lol:

If you have any questions, send me a PM through TT. And I can help you out as much as I can.

Our trip to TN. was awesome. We've only been back home for a short time but we are already wanting to go back. You guys (gals too) have a wondeful place to call home. Even more so now that I know you have a few places to ride.

I have been to the MTDR web page and am envious. We don't have anything like that here in CA., not that I know of anyway. Looks like you folks have a great time in that club.

We looked all around Knoxville and really liked Farragut and Maryville. We then went on to Nashville, had an absolute blast and then found Franklin, Brentwood and Nolensville. If I had to move today, I'd go somewhere around Nolensville, maybe south of Brentwood. We live on 2.5 acres now and have a small track in the backyard for my two boys. I'd love to duplicate that.

I'm really glad to hear that there is a fair amount of riding in TN. Is there much in the way of single-track or woods type riding?

Thanks again for the help, it's really appreciated!

Chad

Beautiful property! How many acres do you have?

its my parents property. they bought 5 acres last year. what a great place for riding. the best trails ive found, cant wait to go back!:lol:

Your video fooled me, I thought you were on a lot more than 5 acres! Beautiful property! The trees and greenery...amazing.

I would have to agree with you. Nolensville is a very nice little community. I would love to live a little further out in the country myself.

Keep me posted if you decide on your move to TN. We could always use another rider to join us.

We'll do. Thanks for the invite. My wife and I would love to see a pic of the Fall colors. Do you have any you can post up?

Our trip was in August so we had just missed the Fall colors, I can't imagine what it looks like there right now!

All of our friends told us we were crazy to go back there in August due to the humidity but that's why we went. We wanted to see the worst of it. Maybe we were in town during a cool spell but you guys have cooler temps than we do here and I didn't think the humidity was even noticeable. I'm sure you have a few bad days but...

We sure miss Tennessee....

I would have to agree with you. Nolensville is a very nice little community. I would love to live a little further out in the country myself.

Keep me posted if you decide on your move to TN. We could always use another rider to join us.

PhillyMac do you know anything about Brimstone? Me and a group of six are heading to it in Nov. Just looking for any general information about the place.

GHill

Beautiful! My wife and I are trying to figure out when were heading back. I sure hope we can go soon. Thanks for the link/video!

Chad

PhillyMac do you know anything about Brimstone? Me and a group of six are heading to it in Nov. Just looking for any general information about the place.

GHill

Sorry for last response. I have never been to Brimstone. But have only heard good things about it. There is tons of trails there.

Trailrider72

Unless you have ridden 75 miles of trial you have not scratched the surface in that area. Trust me you can almost connect towns off road. Ride with a local and you could end up in Livingston, Jamestown, Monterey or many points in between. Be nice and courteous when riding here as it is all private land and if you do something stupid like cut a fence, etc. the land owners will shut it off for all of us. Obviously it has happened or I wouldn't mention it. Enjoy... we have some of the best riding there is anywhere don't forget to patronize the local stores as much as you can it also helps with our image.

GHill

Lots of info on ridebrimstone.com. cost per day / yearly pass I have heard lots of good things and there maps seem to be in good as well from what I can tell. Much better than windrock for bikes. As soon as my shoulder heals from Loretta lynn's crash I plan to find out.:lol::p

Trailrider72

Unless you have ridden 75 miles of trial you have not scratched the surface in that area. Trust me you can almost connect towns off road. Ride with a local and you could end up in Livingston, Jamestown, Monterey or many points in between. Be nice and courteous when riding here as it is all private land and if you do something stupid like cut a fence, etc. the land owners will shut it off for all of us. Obviously it has happened or I wouldn't mention it. Enjoy... we have some of the best riding there is anywhere don't forget to patronize the local stores as much as you can it also helps with our image.

Will do. :lol:

Trailrider72

of coarse I always respect the land, and would never cut anyones fence. for I wouldnt want someone to cut ours. And I always support the local ma&pa stores. my favorites so far are Lanes and Tays. what a sandwich!! I really need to ride with some locals, alot of the trails I originally found are gettin torn up for developments.. well maybe we will meet on a trail someday.. take care friend..