Sign in to follow this  

Rear Wave Rotor for only $59 at Wheeling, I need input people!

Hey Guys,

I need to know if anyone on here has purchased the rear Wave rotor for only $59 from Wheeling Cycle Supply. This deal just seems too good to be true. I really want to buy one, but if the thing is just going to rust up on me or not work good, I would much rather save up and spend more for the right one.

Has anyone bought one of these yet? If so, how do you like it? My g/f wants to buy me some parts for my birthday and I need to decide on what I want. I say if it's a good rotor, better than stock, for only $59, how can you go wrong?

Help me people of Thumpertalk, you're my only hope :D

Ryan

I've got one. Mine came branded as Outlaw though.

I like it a lot. Stock rotor was a bit mushy to me. Even with the rotor, it's still pretty vague on feedback, but it firmed up quite a bit.

Rocky Mountain has one branded as "Tusk". It is also $60 and seems to work well.

tus_07_sta_ste_typ_rot.jpg

Hey Ryan, I picked up two of those as you let me know of the deal, I switched my stock rear over to the dirt wheels on my bike/ gf's bike and I put the wheeling wave rotors on our sm wheels. I didn't notice any difference in performance but it looks nice and works great. They have only been on for 2 weeks so I can't comment on the rust, they appear to be worth the money. Call forrest and ask him if he's had any complaints, he would know if anyone was unhappy with them.

Rocky Mountain has one branded as "Tusk". It is also $60 and seems to work well.

Just curious, is the "Tusk" for the SM model or the S model? Thanks for the input!

Hey Ryan, I picked up two of those as you let me know of the deal, I switched my stock rear over to the dirt wheels on my bike/ gf's bike and I put the wheeling wave rotors on our sm wheels. I didn't notice any difference in performance but it looks nice and works great. They have only been on for 2 weeks so I can't comment on the rust, they appear to be worth the money. Call forrest and ask him if he's had any complaints, he would know if anyone was unhappy with them.

Hey, that is great! I'm glad I could use you as my test mule for the rotors, LOL. I love manipulating people, just kiddin' man! I will give Forrest a ring. I'm probably going to end up just going for it. I had to deal with my EBC rotor rusting up front, but the high temp clear coat I put on it seems to have work rather well.

When are you posting the pics of the "his and hers" DRZ-SMs????

Just curious, is the "Tusk" for the SM model or the S model? Thanks for the input!

I think they only sell the "SM" version. I used the RM250 size on a set of hooligan wheels I was building.

Hey, that is great! I'm glad I could use you as my test mule for the rotors, LOL. I love manipulating people, just kiddin' man! I will give Forrest a ring. I'm probably going to end up just going for it. I had to deal with my EBC rotor rusting up front, but the high temp clear coat I put on it seems to have work rather well.

When are you posting the pics of the "his and hers" DRZ-SMs????

Hopefully next weekend, still have to do a few more mods and get handguards on the g/f's bike and a few other things. I hope to try the offroad setup in the next 2 weeks, I just have to wait for the sprocket to arrive and cut my 2 chains. I'll post up both bikes in sm/dirt trim.