09 250

I have a brand new 09 kxf250 sitting on the dyno ready for base line test i will be running it tomorow and then disasembling the engine and measuring all the specifications .

Sounds sweet! I cant wait to see the results! Not like I'll have an 09 any time soon..

Looking forward to see your results.:D

Please post the base line dyno chart.

09 <a href='https://thumpertalk.com/link/click/4556/' rel='nofollow' data-ipsHover-target='https://thumpertalk.com/index.php?app=autolink&module=links&controller=content&id=4556' data-ipsHover target='_blank' data-autoLink>kawasaki</a> 250 graph.jpg 09 250 dyno graph

Well arent those pretty nice numbers on the rear wheel :D

Well arent those pretty nice numbers on the rear wheel :D

for a stock bike those are fantastic numbers better than the honda stock for stock .the bike is coming off the dyno i have more stock intake cams coming to make severa grinds and i will be working on the head shortly when im happy with it it will be digitized for cnc porting like my kx450 .the 09 450 honda is here and is going on next .

Are you going to try some other jetting and stuff before you go fo a head porting etc?

Great job! Keep us updated:thumbsup:

for a stock bike those are fantastic numbers better than the honda stock for stock .the bike is coming off the dyno i have more stock intake cams coming to make severa grinds and i will be working on the head shortly when im happy with it it will be digitized for cnc porting like my kx450 .the 09 450 honda is here and is going on next .

That base line looks real good Ron, it pulls much better to the limiter than previous Kaws.

Was that all stock with pump gas?

what does that say i can't see the graph on my comp?

what does that say i can't see the graph on my comp?

35.7 HP and almost 20lbs of torque

Its not just the great peak numbers, its the whole curve, it lacks nothing for a stocker.

That is a brand new stocker on pump gas its coming apart this week to develop parts.

What is the most moding you can do and still run good on pump gas????

What is the most moding you can do and still run good on pump gas????

As far as I know, the only reason not to run pump gas is if you're having detonation problems with lower octane fuel. Biggest reason is a higher compression ration. I'm pretty sure exhaust, valves, cams, jetting, etc doesn't make much of a difference.

I'm picking up a new one this week for the son, those figures are impressive.:D What are the other 250's putting out stock?

I'm picking up a new one this week for the son, those figures are impressive.:D What are the other 250's putting out stock?

They are all similar off bottom, KTM has typically been a little anemic though, but up top the honda and kawi are close, I think this year the kawi may have what, a half hp difference? Maybe one, I haven't seen a dyno yet.

The yami is fairly flat up top, and the suzuki is said to feel flat too, but I think it is better than the yami and close to honda. KTM is a rocket up top, but not really anywhere else.

Of course, this is open for discussion, just what I have seen here and there.

They are all similar off bottom, KTM has typically been a little anemic though, but up top the honda and kawi are close, I think this year the kawi may have what, a half hp difference? Maybe one, I haven't seen a dyno yet.

The yami is fairly flat up top, and the suzuki is said to feel flat too, but I think it is better than the yami and close to honda. KTM is a rocket up top, but not really anywhere else.

Of course, this is open for discussion, just what I have seen here and there.

I thought with the 08 models the Kawi seemed to have the best bottom end/ mid range, the yammies were okay up top. i didn't see any Hondas going past our Kawi anywhere on the track :D The Ktm's have always been pretty fast stock, and the Zuke, well enough said! I just think the Green bikes are the best prepaired out of the box race bike, and with 36 HP at the back wheel and a flyweight rider, i'll just get the RG3 like last year and all should be good. :worthy:
As far as I know, the only reason not to run pump gas is if you're having detonation problems with lower octane fuel. Biggest reason is a higher compression ration. I'm pretty sure exhaust, valves, cams, jetting, etc doesn't make much of a difference.

The reason i ask im getting ready to put a new piston in my 07' and was thinking of doing a port and polish at the same time.I am going with a stoke piston or a cp of the same compression ratio.Was just wondering if a port and polish constitutes the use of race fuel.I want it to run on pump gas.....

porting should not change the gas requirements.

I thought with the 08 models the Kawi seemed to have the best bottom end/ mid range, the yammies were okay up top. i didn't see any Hondas going past our Kawi anywhere on the track :D The Ktm's have always been pretty fast stock, and the Zuke, well enough said! I just think the Green bikes are the best prepaired out of the box race bike, and with 36 HP at the back wheel and a flyweight rider, i'll just get the RG3 like last year and all should be good. :worthy:

Just what I have seen....the kawi and honda were both best last year, the yamaha was anemic up top and has been the past couple years, off bottom its decent.

This year I expect the kawi to be best everywhere

Any updates?