Acerbis Cyclops Headlight installed

Right, It is finally done, The installation is not hard, but is quite challenging, since the instruction is written mostly in Italian, and the wiring diagram is not very clear. I have to constantly looked up on the internet to find out how other people did theirs.

I hope I did it right, Low Beam= Projector light on+ the small bulb in the flood lense on.

High beam= only the flood light on.

And I called Acerbis inc. to make sure the headlight is ONLY mounted with the 4 straps the come with. It seem kind of unsecured only with the straps on my Drz400SM . But the Acerbis guys did confirm that is the only way should be mounted.

So It is done. Took me 1 1/2 days to do this.....:D:worthy::ride:

picture003id4.jpg

picture001lx1.jpg

By pokerwon, shot with Canon PowerShot S330 at 2008-10-16

Sorry, but I can't see the pictures.

Looks good, how much light does it produce compared to stock?

Have the same light ,and I found it very easy to install.

The rubber bands keep the fitting in place even when riding offroad (If you tighten it properly)h

Wireing is piece of cake if you don't want both lights to run on high beam.

High and low has a common negative,which also can be wired togeter with thw parking light. then you have positive for hi and low ... Took me max 10 minutes to install, and I don't speak italian either:thumbsup:

What bulb does it run?

Dan

Looks good, how much light does it produce compared to stock?

The light is not much brighter than stock. 55w on both of the bulbs

Have the same light ,and I found it very easy to install.

The rubber bands keep the fitting in place even when riding offroad (If you tighten it properly)h

Wireing is piece of cake if you don't want both lights to run on high beam.

High and low has a common negative,which also can be wired togeter with thw parking light. then you have positive for hi and low ... Took me max 10 minutes to install, and I don't speak italian either:thumbsup:

I amjust amazed by the lack of information from the Acerbis instruction. I know the wiring is not a hardest thing to do, I just thought if Acerbis would provide the more detailed wiring info for specific model. And more clear photos of how to secure the headlight with the rubber straps.

What bulb does it run?

Dan

Both the Low beam (projector light) and high beam (floodlight) are 55W.

The little light is 5W and does a good job for coming traffic to see. :D

I amjust amazed by the lack of information from the Acerbis instruction. I know the wiring is not a hardest thing to do, I just thought if Acerbis would provide the more detailed wiring info for specific model. And more clear photos of how to secure the headlight with the rubber straps.
Can you imagine how many 100's of instruction sheets they'd have to supply in the box to cover every model of bike it might be fitted to.... no wiring instructions for specific bikes is pretty much standard with aftermarket "universal fit" lights.
Took me 1 1/2 days to do

R U SERIOUS?

Hiya

Do you know what type of bulb? H1 H3 etc or is it one that lookds like a domestic low voltage bulb?

Dan

The SICKEST heablight ever made nice choice

it takes an H3 bulb.i went out and bought the brightest H3's availible and it makes a world of difference.i believe there is a how to cyclops diode mod(both low and high beam on at the same time) in the FAQ.i did it and it works great.i also put in a blue led light for the driving light gives it that cool factor

<a  href=drzcyclops004bs2.th.jpg' alt='drzcyclops

If you Remove the original headlight bracket, you can adjust the projector beam higher on the road ahead (drop the forks and they come straight out).

HID conversion is an awsome upgrade to the cyclope if you want more light

The SICKEST heablight ever made nice choice

Thank you!

it takes an H3 bulb.i went out and bought the brightest H3's availible and it makes a world of difference.i believe there is a how to cyclops diode mod(both low and high beam on at the same time) in the FAQ.i did it and it works great.i also put in a blue led light for the driving light gives it that cool factor

:lol:

R U SERIOUS?

Yea~~ I spend most of time on line searching for wiring info and called Acerbis for the straps issue.:lol:

Like I said it is not that hard to do it just if Acerbis will provide enought info....

Can you imagine how many 100's of instruction sheets they'd have to supply in the box to cover every model of bike it might be fitted to.... no wiring instructions for specific bikes is pretty much standard with aftermarket "universal fit" lights.

Right, I am just the kind of follow-the-instruction-or-you-die kinda guy......:lol:

I read thru my Drz manual book before I adjust the time on the cluster. :p

im just installin mine now

has any one the time to give me a rough guide on how to get the old bracket off the forks

im just installin mine now

has any one the time to give me a rough guide on how to get the old bracket off the forks

Mine is a SM. There are no braket to remove on the fork.