Sign in to follow this  

what to get (new bike)

im kinda cant decide what i want to do... i have a 06 crf250r right now and im looking into getting a new bike, i have rebuilt this bike 5 times now and its getting expensive. okay my local shop told me they could get me a 09 crf250 for 5500, but im not sure if i want to, becouse i kinda want a 250 sx becouse they are cheaper to work on and i can ride one pretty good... what do you think i should get? are there any major advantages on either 09 bike?

im kinda cant decide what i want to do... i have a 06 crf250r right now and im looking into getting a new bike, i have rebuilt this bike 5 times now and its getting expensive. okay my local shop told me they could get me a 09 crf250 for 5500, but im not sure if i want to, becouse i kinda want a 250 sx becouse they are cheaper to work on and i can ride one pretty good... what do you think i should get? are there any major advantages on either 09 bike?

By 250 sx, I take it you're talking about the KTM 2 stroke 250. If not, the 4 stroke 250, the 250 sxf is definitely not cheap to work on.

I would switch to KTM. I know if I got another honda, I would get sick of it quick. A new color can't hurt. Experiment so you know what you like best

The 250SX's are good from what i have read. Just takes some getting used to. depending what kind of riding you do you might want to look at the 200XC as well. As for advantages to the 09, i would say if you are blowing up an 06, you are going to blow up an 09...

i race c class in motocross, so i dont know if the 200 would be best.. but i think im going to go ahead and get the sx250 in a week or two, ill just have to get used to it, if i do im going to keep my crf and just finance the sx250, so dont worry im not leavin honda! haha

Ya the definition of KTM is KEEPS TAKIN MONEY

Yeah or "Keep The Mechanic"

I would go for the CRF250R. Of course you're asking this in a CRf forum that's what you get. You'll get the same in the SX forum. But I've had my 06 CRF250R for 2 years. Has stock everything in the engine besides the valves and that's it. I'm Just now tearing the engine down and rebuilding it top to bottom (preventive maitenance) to ensure I don't end up paying double if/when something does decide to fail. As long as you change the oil every 4 hours of engine time and the oil filter every other time it'll last ya forever. That's all I've done, that and clean that air filter and replace it when neccesary. :D

when u say rebuilt four times are you talking simple piston changes around every fifty hours or valves?

:D guys im sticking with honda... ive made my decision and im goin with the 5500$ 09, i cant wait to go pick it up!! but yeah its been rebuilt alot, im not sure why though, i maintain it very well, it might have been from that 700 foot quadriple i did the other day:ride:

the place i get my bike worked on *litz racing. cause they get huge discounts on bikes and plus hes gettin it out of state so i dont have to pay taxes