XR600 for street in Minnesota?

Hey everyone, I have the option to currently buy a 96 Honda XR600r. The bike has everything for streets - lights, blinkers, horn, etc. The guy that has it is the 3rd owner, he doesn't know if it has ever been licensed for street before, and he lives in North Dakota. He does not have the title, but says the bike was trail licensed in MN in the past. He gave me the VIN number though. My question is is this bike possible to register and license for street use in MN? I've heard that it can be pretty hard to do this with dual sports in MN, but figured someone here would know more. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

-Bryan.

Maybe an idea: If I can get the seller to license the bike in ND (where you only need a bill of sale and all proper gear to license), would that make it easier to have the bike transferred to me in MN and be street legal here also? Or would I still need the actual title along the way somewhere? Thanks again everyone. Oh and sorry for the double-post, I can't figure out how to delete one of them!

-Bryan

Maybe an idea: If I can get the seller to license the bike in ND (where you only need a bill of sale and all proper gear to license), would that make it easier to have the bike transferred to me in MN and be street legal here also? Or would I still need the actual title along the way somewhere? Thanks again everyone. Oh and sorry for the double-post, I can't figure out how to delete one of them!

-Bryan

If he can plate it in ND first and then you transfer...that would be the most simple. And, in ND they will not issue a plate without the bike also having a title. So the current owner would also be applying for a title there.