Single track riding video 10-12-08

I wasn't going to ride last Sunday (10-12-08), with my leg screwed up, but you know me I have an addiction to riding!

I took the Sherco trials bike out, figured I could cut through the trail without disturbing the ground, and catch everyone by surprise at different points in the trail.

On the first scene the log crossing, I was laying on the ground against a tree, Mick thought someone threw a holloween display in the woods.......HEY! :D

Anyway I cought some cool footage, and I even rode the Sherco on some of the trails, I think everyone was surprised at how well a trials bike adapted to the single track, especially the guy's I was keeping up to!

Mark even took it for a ride at the end of the day, and was having a blast till the master link flew off, sorry about that Mark, I have a new chain on the way.

http://newoodsriders.com/videos/dirtrider/10-12-08.wmv

Very nice:ride: :D

man that makes me wanna go ride sssssoooooo bad.

cool vid.

very good video but no offense or anything but how come all the two strokes sound so different? etheir rings are shot or packing just needs replaced or it could be a sound problem/echo on my end. nice bikes btw and video, but the guy on kx? his forks seem pretty compressed? no hate ment though, nice bikes and riding. looking forward to more videos.

Looks like y'all had a fun time! As for the vid itself, did you change the aspect ratio to get the widescreen effect... everything looks squashed? I also experience a lot of brief pauses (hiccups) throughout? Great terrain & good camera work man! What's Eric riding? Is that a CRF or a modified XR? :D

very good video but no offense or anything but how come all the two strokes sound so different? etheir rings are shot or packing just needs replaced or it could be a sound problem/echo on my end. nice bikes btw and video, but the guy on kx? his forks seem pretty compressed? no hate ment though, nice bikes and riding. looking forward to more videos.

Andy the first guy over the log on a Honda 125, we have been telling him every time he rides to repack his silencer, it sounds like crap!:D

Mike on the KX that was his first time riding singletrack, he's still in his teens, he did good to hang in there all day, he'll definately have to set his bike up though.

Looks like y'all had a fun time! As for the vid itself, did you change the aspect ratio to get the widescreen effect... everything looks squashed? I also experience a lot of brief pauses (hiccups) throughout? Great terrain & good camera work man! What's Eric riding? Is that a CRF or a modified XR? :D

I didn't change the aspect, but the hickups were the camera focusing on the trees as the riders went by, I had it on total focus range, instead of normal, I cought it part way through the day.

We call him Eric the brave becouse he rides a Honda 650 XR on our singletrack, and it's bone stock except for skid plate, and bark busters, in fact he had it dual sported up till a few months ago!

Andy hasn't blown up that little 125 yet? I thought that thing would last like 3-4 rides

Andy hasn't blown up that little 125 yet? I thought that thing would last like 3-4 rides

Hey, good to hear from you.

I cant believe he hasn't blown it up either, I think he put a new top end in it not to long ago, the clutch is shot, but he fly's on it, dont ask me how!:D

NIce vid, wheres this at in PA? just curious

NIce vid, wheres this at in PA? just curious

N.E. Pennsylvania:ride:

Looks like fun. Need to get back up there with you guys sometime. Ive been riding around here a bit and at 7 mountains. But will hook up with you guys sometime this fall. Hope the leg heals

Looks like fun. Need to get back up there with you guys sometime. Ive been riding around here a bit and at 7 mountains. But will hook up with you guys sometime this fall. Hope the leg heals

WIMPY!

Good to hear from you!

Did you pick up a 300 yet?

The leg might take a while to completely heal, the calf muscle is torn, and the both heads where it attach's to the knee is damaged, and I think there may be a slight stress fracture to the shin bone, it swells up with fluid when I'm standing for any lenth of time, it feels better, but it's still not stable.

I knew if I took the KTM I would be riding balls to the wall and probably end up damaging it more, I did have fun on the Trials bike though, and peaked a couple of the guy's interest in it.

Hope to see you before the snow flies!:D

No 300 hundred yet maybe next spring. Not to worried about the snow flying picked up a set of friction spikes last year that I did not get to use. Been busy with work so that has taken a lot of my riding time up.

See ya soon

I need to make up a set of frozen ground studded tires, not looking forward to the front, they are a pain in the butt, I got 3 seasons out of the last one though.:D

I also have the long spikes for the deeper snow, hope I dont get to use them!