Stock Handlebar Question/Delima

While researching for new aluminum bars for my '04 400s I found this:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-449432.html

Which states the width of the stock OEM steel handlebar is 790mm. Can someone pls confirm this for me? I hope not, otherwise my brain is shot and in need of another vacation.

That was the Question, as for the Delima, I'm too pissed right now!

Thanks, Drew

Which states the width of the stock OEM steel handlebar is 790mm. Can someone pls confirm this for me?

You yanks, I know metric is hard for you, but if you can count to ten, you can work it out :worthy:

790-mm is 31 1/8" inches, which from memory is about right for the stockers, personally I prefer 28 inches.

Neil. :D:ride: :ride:

You Brits, I know the English language is very hard for you. How do I know this? Because you, Neil, can not comprehend it!

My question was asking someone to confirm the exact width of the handlebar in question, which in turn might confirm or disprove what I had found during my research. Let me re-word it in simple terms, just for your feeble mind: "Is it really 390mm?" (that's millimeters Neil).

Read my post again, if you're able. Am I asking how to convert Metric to Imperial?

Regards, and thanks for getting me even more pissed

Drew

I happen to have the stock Bendomatic bars hanging in my shed so I can confirm they are 790mm wide.

I happen to have the stock Bendomatic bars hanging in my shed so I can confirm they are 790mm wide.

790 before or after being bent?

Thanks Drew

Am I asking how to convert Metric to Imperial?

Drew

metric divided by 25.4= standard, Is that what you were asking? just trying to help

Chris

metric divided by 25.4= standard, Is that what you were asking? just trying to help

Chris

Chris, O- M- F- G, please READ (carefully) above! Now I'm pissed,.. and a bit worried! Then again, you're pretty close to Canada!

Drew

Chris, O- M- F- G, please READ (carefully) above! Now I'm pissed,.. and a bit worried! Then again, you're pretty close to Canada!

Drew

Sounds like someone needs a nap!

Did you some how end up with the bars up your ass? Cause that's what it sounds like. Take a nap, a chill pill, yank one out, or what ever but chill out. Just because you ****ed up your bars doesn't mean you gotta take it out on people that are trying to help you.

yeah dude, a cali nap is what I need. yeah, yeah, like the rest of zzzzzz......

Yeah I'll edit this, looking above again, I think the last 2 posts are just as stupid, ignorant, disrespectful and uncalled-for as any of my posts. So There!

I was cutting up anyone who obviously didn't undersatand my simple question, which was: "Is it really 390mm?"

Wasn't it that simple?

Sorry if I annoyed anyone, (Except Neil)

Drew

790mm sounds about right. Most aftermarket bars are about 800mm wide.

Drew

YES your stock bars are 790mm wide, WHAT PART ARE YOU NOT UNDERSTANDING!!!!!!!! Replys like this will get you NO, help around here homeboy!!!

Chris