Speedy seat removal mod

I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of whipping out the 8mm socket every time I want to get the seat off. So I decided to make some knobs to replace the two bolts.

I couldn't find what I wanted, so I made these out of a couple of metric machine screws and a few old parts from my junk drawer. Works like a champ! Now I can store some junk under the seat and get to it without any tools. The stock tool kit in the bag (minus the black box) will fit nicely on the left side where the old intake flapper crap used to be.

SeatKnobs1.JPG

I was thinking about doing something similar. I was going

to put an threaded stud into the seat. Then when

you put the seat on, just screw a wing nut on.

Looks like you did a pretty good job on your set up

though. Ill give ya 5 bucks to make me a set....:D

I was thinking about doing something similar. I was going

to put an threaded stud into the seat. Then when

you put the seat on, just screw a wing nut on.

Looks like you did a pretty good job on your set up

though. Ill give ya 5 bucks to make me a set....:worthy:

Great. I wish I had some more of those knob pieces. I'd bust them out for $5/pair all day long! :D

Didn't think about the stud and wingnut idea. That's good too. Whatever you use it has to be something wide enough to cover the holes in the fender. They are quite a bit bigger than the holes in the seat. You don't want it pulling through.

Still looking for a set of these if anyone knows where to get them. This pic is from the Y's Gear site (only available in Japan)...

g0102Q5KYSK057T01.jpg

Still looking for a set of these if anyone knows where to get them. This pic is from the Y's Gear site (only available in Japan)...

g0102Q5KYSK057T01.jpg

Was going to make my own, but havent found a good way to

set it up correctly. I went to a race show for the quick release

clips they use on hoods etc (I think they are called zeus fasteners).

I found the clips, just not sure how to make them work.

I like.

Make sure you tighten it well, cuz two times I put back my seat bolts and the bolts flew off my seat! So even if you think its tight make sure its tighter!

Great idea, I'd like to rig something up like this.

g0102Q5KYSK057T01.jpg

you'll find this on most dirtbike airbox covers. Have alook at a few different parts diagram site. You will need to buy the little metal clip it screws into as well.

eg you'd but number 6 and 32 from a crf250x

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/honda-motorcycle-crf250x-2004-air-cleaner/o/m2265sch304214

Was going to make my own, but havent found a good way to

set it up correctly. I went to a race show for the quick release

clips they use on hoods etc (I think they are called zeus fasteners).

I found the clips, just not sure how to make them work.

I had also looked into zues fasteners and other aircraft style fasteners. Just thought maybe these would be easier since they just screw in and replace the existing allen head bolt. Plus the side cover already has the little projection that the ring snaps in to hold it down. In fact both side covers have projections to hold the ring.

But you know, come to think of it... the ring would have to be facing the right way to snap down, so maybe these don't thread in like a bolt. Maybe they push in and turn to lock, and require the backing plate to be changed as well. Still seems simple enough, since the stock backing plate is held on with just one screw. It probably comes as a kit with both parts.

Maybe Forrest at Wheeling Cycle can get us a box of them. He has connections to parts from Japan. How 'bout it Creamcheese? You out there?

you'll find this on most dirtbike airbox covers. Have alook at a few different parts diagram site. You will need to buy the little metal clip it screws into as well.

eg you'd but number 6 and 32 from a crf250x

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/honda-motorcycle-crf250x-2004-air-cleaner/o/m2265sch304214

Good idea. :D I'll have a look around the microfiche.

I like.

Make sure you tighten it well, cuz two times I put back my seat bolts and the bolts flew off my seat! So even if you think its tight make sure its tighter!

Great idea, I'd like to rig something up like this.

So far it hasn't vibrated loose on me, but then again I ride the blacktop all day. I may add a set of lock washers if I have an issue later.

Great. I wish I had some more of those knob pieces. I'd bust them out for $5/pair all day long! :D

Didn't think about the stud and wingnut idea. That's good too. Whatever you use it has to be something wide enough to cover the holes in the fender. They are quite a bit bigger than the holes in the seat. You don't want it pulling through.

g0102Q5KYSK057T01.jpg

Tasty Nuts D ring fastners, sounds a little gay but heres the link they have different sizes for different purposes and styles.

http://www.tastynuts.com/site/frames/frameset_shoponline.htm

hey guys Lockhart Phillips sells the d- ring fasteners from Pro Bolt. I installed one for the side panel it works awesome, u have to grind off the bolt on the back of the bracket. For the air box I ordered the fastener off of the wr450f it is a perfect fit. Our dealership has some in stock.?

Pics and part numbers

hey guys Lockhart Phillips sells the d- ring fasteners from Pro Bolt. I installed one for the side panel it works awesome, u have to grind off the bolt on the back of the bracket. For the air box I ordered the fastener off of the wr450f it is a perfect fit. Our dealership has some in stock.?

Do you have a part number. Any pictures would be helpful too.