Sign in to follow this  

IMS Products

I've been calling IMS about foot pegs and a desert tank since i got my bike in late february and they keep telling me that they will not be making either products until there is a higher demand for them.

Now I know some of you guys probably wish they made them.

So here's the catch, you need to start e-mailing them of calling them and hopefully they'll get the point.

Phone number: 800-237-9906

e-mail: info@imsproducts.com

I sent an E-mail tonight! I would like to see a slightly larger plastic(if possible) fuel tank.

I've been calling IMS about foot pegs and a desert tank since i got my bike in late february and they keep telling me that they will not be making either products until there is a higher demand for them.

Now I know some of you guys probably wish they made them.

So here's the catch, you need to start e-mailing them of calling them and hopefully they'll get the point.

Phone number: 800-237-9906

e-mail: info@imsproducts.com

I've sent in an email worth of two white tanks, 3 gallons.:D

Called IMS and talked with Steve Murray this AM. He said that there are currently no plans to make a larger capacity tank for the WRR. :D

As suggested by Tony, he recommended emailing info@imsproducts.com to express interest. He'd like to hear what range or tank capacity is desired.

He'd like to hear what range or tank capacity is desired.

I'd say between 3 and 3.5 gal :lol:

Aside from the capacity, it would be nice to have a tank that holds gas when the bike decides that it wants to kick it's feet up and take a nap with the tires uphill from the rest of the bike.

The stock tank / cap leaks FAST when you get this bike upside down.

DAMHIK.

Hey, someone had to test it for you guys... I'm just sayin'

*edit*: This may be a good place for Hermit to direct his mathmatical OCD for a few minutes... to provide a chart showing the end resulting change in weight for various sized tanks. For example, it's safe to assume that an aftermarket tank would be lighter, so at what size does the amt of added fuel cancel out that weight savings on the tank itself? DH you out there?

Called IMS and talked with Steve Murray this AM. He said that there are currently no plans to make a larger capacity tank for the WRR. :lol:

As suggested by Tony, he recommended emailing info@imsproducts.com to express interest. He'd like to hear what range or tank capacity is desired.

yeah thats the same guy ive been talking to. and he told me the same thing.

as far as the capacity goes, im hoping for a 3gallon tank.

emailed, i to would like to see a 3 gallon it would also be nice to still use the locking gas cap

emailed, i to would like to see a 3 gallon it would also be nice to still use the locking gas cap

Locking gas caps on motorcycles make absolutely no sense to me. PITA for no good reason.

First, it's a tiny amount of gas. Maybe after every car / truck has locking gas caps then people might start looking to steal gas from my bike.

Second, if they DO decide to steal gas from a bike, why would they possibly want to screw around with the gas cap when most bikes have an easily accessable fuel line that they could just pull right out... why siphon it out the top when you can easily drain it right out the fuel line.

Locking gas caps on motorcycles make absolutely no sense to me. PITA for no good reason.

First, it's a tiny amount of gas. Maybe after every car / truck has locking gas caps then people might start looking to steal gas from my bike.

Second, if they DO decide to steal gas from a bike, why would they possibly want to screw around with the gas cap when most bikes have an easily accessable fuel line that they could just pull right out... why siphon it out the top when you can easily drain it right out the fuel line.

ha ha ha had never thought bout it until now! lol

*edit*: This may be a good place for Hermit to direct his mathmatical OCD for a few minutes... to provide a chart showing the end resulting change in weight for various sized tanks. For example, it's safe to assume that an aftermarket tank would be lighter, so at what size does the amt of added fuel cancel out that weight savings on the tank itself? DH you out there?

Yes, if a little behind. The stock tank including fuel pump weighs about 6 lbs IIRC. So a weightless tank could give you less than one more gallon of gas.

In other words, sorry, but it's going to be heavier.

BTW, I was looking at the Yamaha dealer's showroom bikes to see if they had any parts I liked. I examined tanks, and was surprised at how wide the tanks are on sport bikes. Really cooled my interest in a 4 gallon tank. 3 gal would maybe be OK, but I'm not as excited about a bigger tank as I was before looking at them.

Maybe most people who steal gas haven't thought it through as well as you have - they just steal it.

Another reason for a locking cap is to keep people from putting nasty stuff into the tank.

Just got from ADVRIDER that a tank is in production at safari in Australia!

Specific for the 250r and about 15 liter's

Would have liked a bit bigger. like 18 liters. But good stuff, keep an eye on their site!

Would have liked a bit bigger. like 18 liters. But good stuff, keep an eye on their site!

Cool. Fifteen liters is basically 4 gallons, that's a lot. Definitely big enough for touring, and definitely big enough that you wouldn't want to fill it all the way unless you absolutely needed to (due to extra weight).

It sounds like it might even be too big, but I'd have to wait and see. Will be nice to see how they do it, because there are ways for the tank to be configured (too wide, too high) that I definitely would NOT like.

Yeah, I just caught this thread - I've been keeping an eye on Safari since July. The last word I heard from them is 14 liters, hopefully any time now. I did ask them to see if their R&D guy could squeeze out 19L somehow and Nicole said she would pass it on. Most of their tanks come in big and bigger, so there is hope. I just REALLY want to get 200-250 mi out of a tank...

And just for points, they always said they would make one, just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Yeah, I just caught this thread - I've been keeping an eye on Safari since July. The last word I heard from them is 14 liters, hopefully any time now. I did ask them to see if their R&D guy could squeeze out 19L somehow and Nicole said she would pass it on. Most of their tanks come in big and bigger, so there is hope. I just REALLY want to get 200-250 mi out of a tank...

And just for points, they always said they would make one, just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

thats like 5 gallons where the hell would you put the tank in the side car?