LESS THAN 24 HOURS LEFT TO GET IN ON THIS! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Strength training for hare scrambles and enduros

Ive searched many threads but nothing seems to really give me a clear cut answer on what i should do to train and build muscle for races.

I am 17 6'1" 150 pounds with a minimal amount of body fat. I would like to strength train over the winter and build up some muscle to help me ride and for overall appearance.

As of right now I am not eat that well although i never have and im not exercising all that much besides some faster pace trail riding and some bicycle riding. I want a basic outline of what i muscles i should work on and what exercises i should do to get in shape.

-Eric:ride:

It does take a bit of getting used to. The workouts you see on the main page are the workout of the day. A new one is posted every day on a 3 on, 1 off cycle. You can scroll down the page and see a ton of workouts and they are archived back for years.

Also look in the FAQ and scroll through the named and benchmark workouts.There is enough info there to keep you going for months without a repeat workout. They also have video demos for every exercise they use and a lot of great info in the videos.

Mark

I'm in the same boat. I'm wanting like a routine that's already wrote down. I've tried looking at the crossfit and get so confused with the 800 different pages and different workouts. Maybe I just don't have the patients? or am retarded. haha

Just follow the workout of the day, and when terminology or a workout comes along and you don't know what it is, look at the FAQ's. I just need to get a cheap weight set and a pull up bar and I'll probably start sometime next week.

I'm in the same boat. I'm wanting like a routine that's already wrote down. I've tried looking at the crossfit and get so confused with the 800 different pages and different workouts. Maybe I just don't have the patients? or am retarded. haha

I worked up a good sweat just reading everything :D

Looks like this is the best place to start

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/start-how.html

I go to gym3-4 times a week do pilates on reformer bed nautilus machines 2-3 times a week in a work out plan from trainer at gym i'm convinced pilates make me more flexable on bike makes balanceing easier

I like this website but its not related to MX. It also takes time to really appreciate all the info but will at least help you find exercises based on muscles you need to work.

http://exrx.net/

The crossfit website is interesting, but I guess I'm oldschool and would like to find the right routine and stick with it for a while. If you're always doing a new exercise how do you determine gains? Gains keep me motivated.