to wheelie or not to wheelie

he dudes,

little question for those 'L' riders. will your L wheelie in second gear??? i have done all of the usual basic mods, smof off, uni, jet and needle, open air box and bla bla bla.

i can do wheelies in first gear put in second on a flat ground with no bump to help me out... no way, does not matter how much i pull on those handle bars ?? i thing my performance setting is ok, it will go 90 to 95 miles per hour and pulls pretty good.

is there something i do wrong or is it just the way they are with that front spoket...

went for the L for long road trip comfort and reliability, i guess it is the price to pay. or should i go take a wheelie course:ride:

thank for telling me

You should be able to clutch wheelie it in second no problem.

Try a 14 front sprocket.Had the same issue with mine a real pain off road trying to get over stuff.Put on a 14 and a trakmaster 2 knobby and that did the trick.However I really notice the 14 on the road drooped the top end way down.

I can do a wheelie in 2nd gear. :D

I can rip the front end off the ground in 3rd and 4th with a roll on. Just have to wait for the RPMs to build up into the powerband. Then LIFT OFF!

Oh wait you said stock.

ok thanks every one, from those videos a guess i need to go take a lesson...

so m. woodville that 14 spoket, how much did it bring down the top speed at...

I can rip the front end off the ground in 3rd and 4th with a roll on. Just have to wait for the RPMs to build up into the powerband. Then LIFT OFF!

Oh wait you said stock.

Dude...that's awesome! Where can I buy a powerband, I want to be able to wheelie like that also :D

Are they expensive?

Clutch In My Sm Will Do It In 4th

yep..Clutch is the trick.Roar along in about 3rd pull it in and apply fullish revs in a flowing movement.,,drop clutch.Probably go ok in 4th as well..then just change up through the box..Used to do that on XL250'S in the late 70's.

Dude...that's awesome! Where can I buy a powerband, I want to be able to wheelie like that also :D

Are they expensive?

Depends on what color you buy.:worthy:

Depends on what color you buy.:ride:

I want to get one of those blue powerbands :D

I've heard they create the most top end power :worthy:

I want to get one of those blue powerbands :D

I've heard they create the most top end power :worthy:

What a bunch of pranksters, we're talking about a HONDA here and EVERYBODY knows that the red one is for Honda. The blue one is for the Yamaha and if put in a Honda, it would have a negative effect on the muffler bearings, causing it to run extremely rough. I know, because I asked my Honda Dealer tech.

I need to get new muffler bearings now :D

What a bunch of pranksters, we're talking about a HONDA here and EVERYBODY knows that the red one is for Honda. The blue one is for the Yamaha and if put in a Honda, it would have a negative effect on the muffler bearings, causing it to run extremely rough. I know, because I asked my Honda Dealer tech.

Quite right.

:ride: If you do manage to get a blue Yamaha power band in a Honda (it has to be installed inside out and backwards) you'll try to pop a wheelie and instead do a stopie. Very dangerous in traffic. :D

Note: If ya don't install it inside out and backwards you'll have 5 reverse gears. :worthy:

Quite right.

:ride: If you do manage to get a blue Yamaha power band in a Honda (it has to be installed inside out and backwards) you'll try to pop a wheelie and instead do a stopie. Very dangerous in traffic. :worthy:

Note: If ya don't install it inside out and backwards you'll have 5 reverse gears. :ride:

See, now that sounds really bad :ride:

What would happen if you installed the green Kawasaki power band on a Honda? :D

See, now that sounds really bad :worthy:

What would happen if you installed the green Kawasaki power band on a Honda? :D

The mirrors would absorb instead of reflect and become quasi-black holes.

PLEASE DON'T DO IT !! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T DO IT !!

Unless Honda does another :ride: color change for the L in 2010. Then screw it, go ahead. :ride:

I can wheelie in 2nd - but that wasn't good enough for me - so, remembering my old Super Combat, I fused the taillight pushrod THROUGH the flux-capacitor INTO the muffler bearing, got that nice Hodaka Red thing going and viola! I can wheelie through all 5 now! Can't stop or idle, or turn - just wheelies :D:worthy:

I just put mine in 2nd and stab it, lift off no problem. Now 3rd you gotta sit back a little and pull hard she comes up though.