Greenhorn Summit DS Loop Oct.18th or 19th

After Bill's post on the Greenhorn Enduro I got to thinking I better ride the upper trails now before the snow comes!! :D Anybody want to come up and do this loop on Saturday the 18th or Sunday the 19th? You will need a plate to connect trails legally. The first trail will be Bull Run so you should have gearing for technical riding. Then up to Baker point. Then over Tobias pass (Could stop at the lookout if someone wants to) Then take the Bull Run cattle drive trail down to the old ski resort at Sugarloaf. Then double back and a little pavement to the Portuguese pass trail and back to the staging area. If we have enough time after this loop we could go down and do "Just Outstanding" in the afternoon...

Lots of single track with a little dirt roads and pavement to connect trails. This is the route sheet and map for the ride. Come on and ride, snow is coming soon!!

25S36

32E39

24S35

23S16

24S02

24S80

Baker Point

24S80

24S02

23S53

24S24

24S50

24S29 A,B,C

24S22

23S16

31E59

Greenhorn-ohv.jpg

hi, do you have a bigger version of this map, including the giant sequioa area?

Looks like a great ride Stan!!!!! Wish I could make it, but this weekend's out. Someday soon I hope. I want to find those trails where I saw the motorcycles 30 years ago when I was backpacking!!!

bp

Is that the same Greenhorn that's close to the Alta Sierra ski resort?

Thanks for the ride map, Stan.

I can't make it on your dates, but will be doing the ride on Monday-Tuesday, Oct. 27-28.

Frank

hi, do you have a bigger version of this map, including the giant sequioa area?

Here is the whole map. :ride:

Looks like a great ride Stan!!!!! Wish I could make it, but this weekend's out. Someday soon I hope. I want to find those trails where I saw the motorcycles 30 years ago when I was backpacking!!!

bp

Hey Bill I'm looking forward to you coming up. :ride: Just let me know when you have the time and we will ride! :D

Is that the same Greenhorn that's close to the Alta Sierra ski resort?

Hey YZ, You are probably talking about Shirley Meadows Ski Area. It is about 3 miles south of Alta Sierra. This ride goes to the north of Alta Sierra. Come on down and check it out YZ. Gas is down, now is your chance!!! :ride:

Thanks for the ride map, Stan.

I can't make it on your dates, but will be doing the ride on Monday-Tuesday, Oct. 27-28.

Frank

This is one of my favorite loops. Hey if you don't mind me tagging along shoot me a PM. Thanks Frank! :worthy:

Hey YZ, You are probably talking about Shirley Meadows Ski Area. It is about 3 miles south of Alta Sierra. This ride goes to the north of Alta Sierra. Come on down and check it out YZ. Gas is down, now is your chance!!! :D

Actually, it's called "Alta Sierra" now. The name got changed a few years ago. My brother is one of the owners of the resort.

I was there last weekend with my motos but had no real riders to show me around. I've been told there's some good stuff there. One of these days I'll get to check it all out, but right now it's too friggin' dusty.

Stan, I've been wanting to ride bull run and I may be able to join you on Sunday. I'll know by tonight, any other people in at this point?

YZWiley, man send me a PM next time you're down this way. I live right down the road from Alta Sierra and know a trail or two :D I'm always looking for people to ride with.

-Chris

I would like to join you on this ride, but I not going to be making it this weekend. Last night I made plans to ride with a friend and he has no plate. Hopefully next time.

Is that tree still on Bull Run?

Actually, it's called "Alta Sierra" now. The name got changed a few years ago. My brother is one of the owners of the resort.

I was there last weekend with my motos but had no real riders to show me around. I've been told there's some good stuff there. One of these days I'll get to check it all out, but right now it's too friggin' dusty.

The next time you come to see your brother shoot me a PM. :ride:

Stan, I've been wanting to ride bull run and I may be able to join you on Sunday. I'll know by tonight, any other people in at this point?

YZWiley, man send me a PM next time you're down this way. I live right down the road from Alta Sierra and know a trail or two :ride: I'm always looking for people to ride with.

-Chris

Chris, There is one rider tentatively in for Sunday but he won't know if he can make it until Sat afternoon.

I would like to join you on this ride, but I not going to be making it this weekend. Last night I made plans to ride with a friend and he has no plate. Hopefully next time.

Is that tree still on Bull Run?

Maybe you and Bill should get together and car pool up here. :D

A couple of people have told me the tree is cut. I hope they're right... :worthy:

Maybe you and Bill should get together and car pool up here. :D

A couple of people have told me the tree is cut. I hope they're right... :worthy:

That sounds good. Let's get LT hooked in and I can borrow his eStartWR for a less energy consuming ride. (Sorry carl......:ride:)

Wow, are all those legit trails ? That's just up the hill from Wofford Heights,yes ?

That sounds good. Let's get LT hooked in and I can borrow his eStartWR for a less energy consuming ride. (Sorry carl......:D)

E-start is not that much of a premium on these trails. It's not like we would be attempting the Rincon or anything. I would be good to share the ride though.

Wow, are all those legit trails ? That's just up the hill from Wofford Heights,yes ?

A lot of what you see on that map are dirt roads, but they are all legit. The map shown is just part of this map.