Sign in to follow this  

09 Programers??

Does anyone have one yet?? I was told today that they are in stock..Is it something that a non engine builder can make use of??

Does anyone have one yet?? I was told today that they are in stock..Is it something that a non engine builder can make use of??

No, they are not if you look up some of the 09 threads that show them off it shows you a pic of the programmer also. And no, your average rider will be able to make use of it. You wont gain anything from a programmer though until you atleast put a pipe on it. You shouldnt need one on a bone stock bike.

No, they are not if you look up some of the 09 threads that show them off it shows you a pic of the programmer also. And no, your average rider will be able to make use of it. You wont gain anything from a programmer though until you atleast put a pipe on it. You shouldnt need one on a bone stock bike.
Thats not true, eddie has already tested the programmer and got an extra poni just from messing with the mixture alone!

I have my programer in the garage. I am supposed to pick up my bike sometime this weekend.

06380-n1c-670

The battery harness is b/o till mid november.

My programmer is sitting at my dealer waiting for me to come pick it up. I got one just because i'm the type that can never stop tinkering with things. I say I'm going to keep this bike stock....:D:worthy: And I'm going to be using my 09 all winter with a 2moto kit so i'm sure I will be doing some tuning then.

Talked to DynoJet today and the word is they are testing the powercommanderl for the 09 450. They think it should be for sale around dec or jan time frame.

The person on the phone did mention that it would be a power commander 5 not the power commander 3. Here are some of the specs for the PC5 that I cut from another website. Only bikes that have digital ignition (i.e. not cdi) will have ignition mapping capability.

From a sportbike site

Dynojet is on the cusp of releasing a new Power Commander , called the Power Commander 5 (PCM-5) (don't know why it isn't a 4) . Target date is November . The Power Commander 5 will offer the PCM-3 features plus ,

- kill time per gear for the quick shifter

- fuel map per gear

- all the multi-hub functions will be built into the PCM-5 . This means you'll be able to run multiple maps and switch them on the fly via a switch on the bars .

- further it will have tight integration with the WBC-2 (WideBandCommander2) thus offering automatic tuning of air / fuel mixtures based on the A/F data coming from the WBC-2

- when coupled with the LCD-200 , data from both the PCM5 and WBC-2 can be logged to an SD memory card up to 1GB in size .

* The PCM-5 will not support traction control , as Dynojet believes the only correct way to do that is with additional sensors . The intent is for the PCM-5 and all the accessories to be targeted for '09 bikes . But there will be some level of backward compatibility .

and about the prices ,

PowerCommander 5 : 355USD

LCD200 : 499USD